Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by julianZ-4 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 3, 2019 at 5:28 pm #3529341

julianZ-4

I am trying to: Translate texts in admin screens.

When I click on save, it says: Data saved. The selected strings can now be translated using the string translation screen.

I expected to see: That I can now translate the texts in String translation as normal.

Instead, I got: Nothing, the strings don't show up

I already used Translate texts in admin screens for other plugins, it worked without any problem.

April 3, 2019 at 5:35 pm #3529369

Amit
Supporter

Hi there, Amit here, just a couple of follow up questions:

1. do you have any errors in the console log? - I am asking since maybe there are some JS errors that prevent the action to be executed
2. you say "I already used Translate texts in admin screens for other plugins, it worked without any problem." --> do you mean that issue had appeared after the latest update (can you please share the debug information? - so we can have some more data)

April 3, 2019 at 5:42 pm #3529393

julianZ-4

Hi Amit

Thanks for your fast answer!

1. I had indeed an error in the console with admin ajax php, but after I've reloaded the site, I could not reproduce the error in the console. I tried now 5 times, there is no (more) error but it still does not save. After clicking on the save button, there is also no error in the console.

2. No, I did not do any update since I made the last changes in "Translate texts in admin screens"

(I already wanted to add before you answer, I've had a small problem but we were able to solve it with the help of your support here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-texts-in-admin-screen-does-not-save/ => we've already made these changes server-side.

April 3, 2019 at 6:10 pm #3529591

julianZ-4

Hi Amit

I've provided the debug info in this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/information-for-other-ticket/ (I did not see any field for private information here)

April 3, 2019 at 7:50 pm #3530247

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I'll continue to handle this ticket.

I would appreciate it if you could also add the debug info to this ticket. I'me enabling this option now.

According to the issue that you have had in this ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-texts-in-admin-screen-does-not-save/, I think that you might need to increase the max_input_vars to more than 10000.
Do you have the option to do that and check if it helps?

Other than that please update WordPress and WPML to their latest versions. I can see that you are using an older version of WordPress, please update to the latest version.
Today we have released a new version of WPML and its add-ons please also update WPML. And then check if the issue persists.

April 3, 2019 at 7:55 pm #3530253

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Also, could you please tell me what was the JS error in console?

Debug information is enabled now.

April 4, 2019 at 7:38 am #3532873

julianZ-4

Hi Itamar

Thanks for handling this ticket.

I asked my server admins to increase the max input var to 30000. I will try this first before updating because updating always bears risks.

I can not remember exactly what the error was. It was something with admin ajax php. But I can not reproduce it.

As a sidenote: When I add a new widget and chose to only display that widget in a certain language, I need to hit "save". After that, the widget is still active for all languages. Then I need to hit "save" again, then it only displays in the desired language. This can be reproduced anytime. Maybe it has something to do with the bug at the moment. But for "Translate texts in admin screens" I can hit save several times in a row, it still does not work.

April 4, 2019 at 11:47 am #3534501

julianZ-4

I've set max_input_vars to 30000, that resolved the issue.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!