This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 10:24 am #4369433

Dutoo

Hello,
I'm desperately trying to translate the values of my additional fields (ecp_custom values) into the filter bar of my calendar (the event calendar pro by modern tribe). The titles are well translatable with the strings but the values are not.

Could you give me a solution?

Thanks for your help

August 9, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4371593

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Also, please, don't forget to let me know how to reproduce the issue, where to find these custom fields and in which page they appear in your website frontend.

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 9, 2019 at 8:09 pm #4372805

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. As explained above, in order to offer you a more detailed and accurate answer, please, let me know the following:

1 - Where is your custom field setup?
2 - In which page are you using this custom field?
3 - In which page are these custom fields output in your website frontend?

Just asking because I tried to find them in your WordPress Dashboard but I am still not able to understand where they are and how they are used. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

August 10, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4375835

Dutoo

Hi Marcos, thanks for your feedback.
Here are the answers to your questions:
1 - you can access to custom field setup in Events (Evenements) > Settings (Préférences) and choose "Additional fields" tab. The activation of the custom fields as a filter takes place in the "Filters" tab.
2 - in each event posts (go to Events and see the two first posts).
3 - in /calendar/ page: this concerns the options of the last filter only (search by room)

Be careful, there is a cache system in place on the site. It must be emptied quite frequently, from the back-end, in the black horizontal navigation bar, by clicking on "WP Rocket" > "Clear cache" > "All languages".

I hope these details can help you!

Let me know.
Thanks

August 12, 2019 at 5:01 pm #4382545

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I noticed the filters values are defined as options for the Tribe Events Calendar, this is why it is needed to register it for translation before using them. Here are the steps I tried in order to make them available for translation:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration I entered this custom xml code:

admin-texts>
        <key name="tribe_events_calendar_options">
            <key name="custom-fields">
                <key name="*"/>
           </key>
        </key>
    </admin-texts>

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

2 - Now you should be able to translate them in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation under the 'admin_texts_tribe_events_calendar_options' text domain.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Note: Maybe you would need to access your website after a cache cleanup or using another browser in order to see the changes after the translation of these values.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

August 13, 2019 at 7:45 am #4385659

Dutoo

Hi Marcos,
Thanks for your feedback and help.

The text now goes up well in the strings to be translated but after having done the translation, nothing changes on the front-end. I cleared the WordPress cache, browser, change browser but nothing, the translations don't appear in the drop-down list...

Any idea ?

Thanks

August 13, 2019 at 6:12 pm #4390203

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. There is a confusion in your website, your default language is english but you entered french strings in your event custom fields options from your WordPress Dashboard > Events > Settings > Additional Fields settings, in this case you should proceed this way:

1 - Make sure you have entered english content as the content of your additional fields. Actually you need to enter the content according the default language of your website in your case english.

2 - Now in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Strings Translation delete the current strings and reload the page to make them appear with the correct language as default (in your case english) then translate it to your secondary languages.

It seems you changed your default language from french to english and this is why you confused WPML regarding the default language of your website when registering these strings for translation.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

August 14, 2019 at 7:55 am #4393011

Dutoo

Hi Marcos,
thanks for your feedback, unfortunately it doesn't work... the options always come back in French in the settings, impossible to change the text. I've tried everything....

It seems to work with the Chinese version but the front-end rendering isn't the one expected...the options are listed in all languages...

Any other solution?
Thanks

August 14, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4396551

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks.

August 19, 2019 at 7:54 am #4414141

Dutoo

Hi Marcos,
Thanks for your feedback. I've just completed the site migration process. I'll let you confirm that everything is good on your side?

Thanks

August 20, 2019 at 6:05 pm #4425853

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I took a detailed look in your website using the migrated copy and indeed I could confirm the frontend events fiter shows the additional fields (search by room) in all the languages and it seems to be a compatibility issue between the Events Search related plugins and WPML, in order to confirm it, please, follow these instructions:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

August 22, 2019 at 7:16 am #4437055

Dutoo

Hello Marcos, thanks for your feedback.
Why not build on the duplication done previously by disabling unnecessary modules?
I don't see how to transfer the theme without FTP access....
Thanks

August 23, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4449133

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I tested your Filter Bar plugin in a clean sandbox test installation and could confirm the issue, however I took a look in our issue tracker and it is something that have been fixed in the most recent versions of this plugin.

Before reporting it for our compatibility team, can you please update your 'The Events Calendar: Filter Bar' to its latest version? I see you are using the 4.5.4 version, while the most recent is the 4.5.8 version.

If the issue persist I will report it to our compatibility team for further analysis. Thank you for your collaboration and understanding, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] translate the event calendar filter bar values’ is closed to new replies.