Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 19, 2021 at 12:43 pm #8572529

Kristof

We have created a CPT with Toolset and one of the custom fields is an URL field which was set to copy once. We were hoping that that url (link to other WP pages) would be translated automatically like other WP links in a post (non custom fields).

April 21, 2021 at 8:31 am #8588565

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

The inner links of Pages will be automatically converted after the translation. But it will not be applicable for the custom fields values normally. So I have the following doubt to track the issue.

How you are entering values to the URL custom field? It will be great if you can share a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the issue.

Please refer to this documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/#indicating-which-custom-fields-to-translate

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 21, 2021 at 6:18 pm #8593859

Kristof

Default language is English and we were hoping that the URL could be translated automagically 🙂
Instead, even though it is marked as Translate, it is not visible in the Translation Editor. We can only translate it if we switch language in the top admin bar.

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png
April 22, 2021 at 7:39 am #8597591

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached images. I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly in a fresh installation on our Sandbox server.

So please visit the test site by clicking the following URLs and make sure the issue is reproducible or not. Replicating the bug in a fresh installation will help us a lot in debugging.

Custom Post Type URL:- hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2021-04-22_13-06-22.png
2021-04-22_13-06-01.png
2021-04-22_13-05-30.png
April 27, 2021 at 7:03 am #8630917

Kristof

Will have another look, but either way, we will have to translate the urls manually?

April 27, 2021 at 7:07 am #8630947

Kristof

Do you have any idea why the url is not visible in the Dutch translation editor, but it is visible for other languages.

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png
April 27, 2021 at 2:17 pm #8636201

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further checking. So please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 5, 2021 at 9:08 am #8691759

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. But I am unable to access the staging site dashboard or FTP. Dashboard login shows a while bar after submitting the credentials and FTP login shows the following warning. Please check.

Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server
Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server 

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2021-05-05_14-37-33.png

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate Toolset custom url field’ is closed to new replies.