Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickV-24 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 12, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4932925

patrickV-24

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to translate the sentence: UPDATE THE BILLING ADDRESS USED FOR ALL OF MY ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS (OPTIONAL). Where can I do this? I have WPML installed but I can't find this sentence with string translations.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

November 13, 2019 at 10:33 am #4937365

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

This might be added as an admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Can you please take a look and try to see if it's in there?

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 13, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4940171

patrickV-24

Hello Mihai,

Thanks for your support!

I can't find the sentence in the admin texts?
Strange thing is that only two words are being translated when I switch to dutch language.

EN: UPDATE THE BILLING ADDRESS USED FOR ALL OF MY ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS (OPTIONAL)

NL: UPDATE THE FACTURATIE USED FOR ALL OF MY ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS (OPTIONEEL)

November 13, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4941931

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

That means that maybe some words are added separately as individual strings and we need to find the strings individually.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 14, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4949015

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for sharing the credentials.

I was able to log in successfully.

I will spend some more time on this and as soon as I have more feedback, I will let you know.

I'm leaving the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 15, 2019 at 9:14 pm #4956871

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

No matter what I have tried, I am not able to find the strings that you are referring to on the front-end.

1. Can you please let me know where can I see the sentence that you sent me in the screenshot above?

2. Can you please let me know if those strings are coming from a specific plugin or from the theme?

Please let me know.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 18, 2019 at 8:10 am #4962521

patrickV-24

Hello Mihai,

You can see the sentence when a customer (when he's logged in) goes to: "My Account > Addresses > Edit" to change the billing address.

I don't see the sentence when I login with administrator user role, only when I login with a test account with subscriber user role.

I don't know if the string is coming from the WooCommerce core plugin or from the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin.

Best regards,
Patrick

November 18, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4966473

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you for your extended response, Patrick.

Can you please share with me the test-user-account credentials in the private fields I am enabling below?

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 19, 2019 at 5:51 pm #4974935

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your response.

The credentials worked and I was able to log in successfully.

I am taking some more time to look into this and I hope that tomorrow I will be able to get back to you tomorrow.

I'm still leaving the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 20, 2019 at 4:40 pm #4982319

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Your patience has been amazing.

Unfortunately, no matter what I have tried, I was not able to find the checkbox string (it seems it's the same one in the second photo in this section here - https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/customers-view/#section-9) - so what we know now is that the text comes from the "WooCommerce Subscriptions" plugin.

My recommendation is that you get in touch with the WooCommerce support team and see if they have a quick solution for translating that phrase with WPML.

If they do offer you a solution, will you please also share it with me here, in the ticket so that others that might experience the same issue can have a solution, too?

Please let me know what you were able to find.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 21, 2019 at 10:10 am #4986625

patrickV-24

Hello Mihai,

Thank you very much for your effort to solve this. I've contacted WooCommerce support team and they say the code for this string is here:

Found it, it is around line 1898 of the Subscriptions pot file:

#: includes/class-wc-subscriptions-addresses.php:84
#. translators: $1: address type (Shipping Address / Billing Address), $2:
#. opening tag, $3: closing tag
msgid "Update the %1$s used for %2$sall%3$s of my active subscriptions"
msgstr ""

I'm going to try and translate it. If I succeed I'll let you know what I did.

Thanks again!

November 21, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4991313

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Wow, that's pretty complex.

I was expecting them to give you a solution so that you can translate it.

Looking at this "Update the %1$s used for %2$sall%3$s of my active subscriptions" it's clearly now why you were seeing just a word translated - I guess it was this value here ("%1$s") that was automatically translating by using the WooCommerce embedded translation.

Please let me know how that goes.

I would suggest that you would even ask them to help you or guide you on how you can translate that.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 29, 2019 at 8:53 am #5040853

patrickV-24

Hi Mihai,

I've managed to solve the issue.
Instead of trying to translate the sentence word by word, I searched in WPML string translations for the complete sentence "Update the %1$s used for %2$sall%3$s of my active subscriptions". WPML showed the string and I could translate it.

The word that was already translated (the %1$s part) was translated incorrect. I searched for that single word in WPML and I could translate that also.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Patrick

November 29, 2019 at 8:54 am #5040907

patrickV-24

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!