This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 8:58 am #4559587

wouterS-4

I am setting up a multilanguage website where COMPANIES can add/edit their profiles and their (WooCommerce) PRODUCTS.

All Company data (biographies etc) is stored in Users (with role = 'Vendor') Since the website is multilingual Companies should be able to add their data in 2 languages from front-end. But I cant get WPML to translate users.

The only option I can find is adding additonial languages via 'String Translations' but that wont work with front-end editing

September 12, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4562063

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to ask you to follow the steps described in this post: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-user-profile-information/#post-820676

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 12, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4562211

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please share the following details for tracking the issue.

a) I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

b) Share me a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the issue. Also, let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 13, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4569137

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the details and login information. I was able to translate the User
Biographical Info(description) string from WPML>>String Translation panel. But the translated value is not showing in hidden link. Please check the attached images.

While logging in as a Normal user not able to edit the values from the frontend. So, please share more details about how to edit the values from the frontend.

Please note, there are limitations for dynamic string translation. We have to visit WPML>>String Translation for translating the strings normally. Otherwise, it should be part of the theme or plugins po files(for example in *wp-content/languages/plugins* folder).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate User Content (and added ACFs)’ is closed to new replies.