Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.97 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ankit 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
November 23, 2016 at 9:00 am #1142294

FilippoZ1

Hello Ankit,
what you tried was working because I was noty using WPML translations, I did disable the english notification and changed the email subject, headline and content using the filters I posted above.

Now I've removed them, and I'm using the english email translation. This is what happens:

1) In the actions dropdown I have both english and italian action, if I use one of them, just one mail get sent, but with the wrong content: content of the "on hold" notification instead of my custom status "shipped" or "spedito".

2) if I do not send notification using the actions drppdown, but just as a shopmanager would do, I just edit the order changing the status from anything to shipped/spedito, I have 2 notifications going: both the english and the italian one (but this time content is correct).

Can you try again please?

November 23, 2016 at 10:52 am #1142410

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying the situation.

I will check the things further and will get back to you.

Regards,
Ankit

November 24, 2016 at 8:58 am #1143240

Ankit

Hi Filippo,

Thanks for your patience.

I've investigated the issue further and found following things and solution.

Current scenario:

1. You've two order statuses Shipped (English) and Spedito (Italian), but both statuses have same slug viz "shipped"

2. In both statuses emails (In English and Italian), you've selected condition as From "Any" to "Shipped"

Solution:

1. Change slugs of both statuses like for English you can use slug as "shipped" and for Italian as "spedito" or "shipped-it"

2. For English language email use condition as From "Any" to "Shipped" and for Italian email use condition as From "Any" to "Spedito"

Once these changes are done, only one email is sent according to corresponding language. I've checked it on staging site and it seems to be working fine for me.

Can you please confirm if this works for you?

Regards,
Ankit

November 24, 2016 at 10:26 am #1143350

FilippoZ1

Hello Ankit,
thanks for coming back.

Having the same slug for stauts translation is a condition explained on Plugin FAQs to make it compatible with WPML, read the last faq -> https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-order-status-manager/#section-6

On the contrary having 2 statuses, one per language, is not an optimal solution as exposes shop managers to mistakes.
I had explored this possibility, but it's not a solution, it's just another workaround.
I prefer keeping them using the standard Woocommerce workflow and have just one status for both languages.

So if this is the panorama, I'll keep going using filters to translate mail contents.

What about other issues about mixed translations on filters, tootips, ecc.?

Do this actually means Woocommerce Order Status Manager plugin is not fully compatible with WPML?

November 24, 2016 at 2:17 pm #1143623

Ankit

Hi,

I've managed to reproduce the issue on my local fresh install, so I've reported the same to our compatibility team. They'll further contact the plugin author and work in accordance with them to resolve the issue.

You can also contact plugin author and ask them to respond to us, so that issue may get addressed quickly.

As stated earlier, other issues were already reported to our compatibility team and I will keep you updated regarding any news over these issues.

As a workaround, you can temporarily use plugin filters to avoid sending emails in multiple languages at once.

Regards,
Ankit

November 24, 2016 at 3:14 pm #1143667

FilippoZ1

Thanks Ankit,
looking forward for any news!

I'll post Fulvio from Skyverge, maybe he's interested in this. On Woocommerce official support they are not: "it's WPML problem!, go ask them!" 😉

December 1, 2016 at 10:52 am #1148677

Ankit

Hi,

I have received the following response from my compatibility team member.

1. Quoting below.

Before, I'd like to say that this plugin overwrites a core WooCommerce order statuses like Processing, Pending Payment, Hold On, Completed... and creates some kind of CPT's called "Order Statuses", "Order Status Emails" which is possible set to translate.

2. In \woocommerce-order-status-manager\includes\class-wc-order-status-manager-emails.php::65 change the 'suppress_filters' to false.

'suppress_filters' => false

This would avoid display of double (original and translated) order statuses in "Order Action" section.

Notice: If you want to see the translations of the custom/overwritten statuses do not forget to change the language with admin switcher on top using some admin page where the switcher persists.

3. In \woocommerce-order-status-manager\includes\wc-order-status-manager-functions.php::41 change the 'suppress_filters' to false

'suppress_filters' => false

This would avoid display of double (original and translated) order statuses in "Order Status" dropdown in order edit page.

4. For translating core statuses, following workaround has been suggested. Same also applies for tooltip statuses.

workaround:
Make sure to change the language with admin switcher on top using some admin page where the switcher persists (img.3).
You can translate the core Woocommerce statuses whether as an usual post in Woocommerce >> Settings >> Order statuses or leave the core Woocommerce statuses untranslated, then the translation will be taken from the Woocommerce .mo file.

Just for your information, this ticket is still being handled by our compatibility member and is in progress. These are just workarounds and initial findings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ankit

December 27, 2016 at 6:42 am #1168695

Ankit

Hi Filippo,

Hope you are doing good today.

I've tried to reproduce to the email sent twice issue on latest versions of wpml, but the issue no longer seem to be appearing.

Could you please update all wpml plugins along with wordpress and all other plugins to latest versions and check if issue gets resolved?

Following is a list of wpml plugins along with their latest version numbers.

+ WPML CMS 3.6.2
+ WPML String Translation 2.5.1
+ WPML Translation Management 2.2.6
+ WPML Sticky Links 1.4.0
+ WPML CMS Nav 1.4.19
+ WPML Media 2.1.23
+ WooCommerce Multilingual 4.0.3
+ Gravity Forms Multilingual 1.3.13
+ ACF Multilingual 0.3

Please let me know your response.

Regards,
Ankit