This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4569497

staffanW

Hi,
I have created a free shipping option that automatically shows zero (0) in amount regarding shipping cost when a user adds more than 50 euro of products in the woocommerce cart. How is the procedure to translate this word that I need to first set in woocommerce in my own language, see attachment.
Should I just use string translation or is there a dedicated setting in wpml for this?
The current phrase the I have set into woocommerce for this option is in Swedish "Gratis frakt".

September 16, 2019 at 4:34 am #4576293

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Staffan,

Nice to see you back 🙂

Is there any chance that you could share a few more details about the way that you added this free shipping option, please? This way I can understand how is this working and look for a way to translate the text. Also, do you want to translate only this string from the dashboard area? Or is there any place on the front-end where this text is displayed. I want to make sure that I understand what do you want to do so I can look for the right fix.

Thanks,
Radu

September 20, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4612631

staffanW

Hi, thanks for the reply
This is the standard function on Woocommerce for telling the checkout process that I also want to add a free shipping option. If you can try on the free version of woocommerce you will find it otherwise I can give you login to my site. I just want to know how to properly translate the string for Free shipping on the front end so that I have it displayed in swedish + english without any problems or bugs during the checkout process.

September 23, 2019 at 11:34 am #4623121

Radu
Supporter

Hey Steffan,

I just checked this out and adding the translation in Dashboard → WPML → String Translation area is enough to translate this text. Can you give this a try and tell me if works fine for you too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 23, 2019 at 11:35 am #4623127

Radu
Supporter

Hey Steffan,

I just checked this out and adding the translation in Dashboard → WPML → String Translation area is enough to translate this text. Can you give this a try and tell me if works fine for you too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate word for free shipping’ is closed to new replies.