This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

The problem: The user wants to translate emails (subject, message, footer email) of WP-Members plugin. They do not appear in String Translation for translating.

The solution: These options are saved in the wp_options table.

When themes and plugins use get_option, they read values from the wp_options table. WPML can filter these calls and provide translation to the values of these options.

To let WPML know these options, themes/plugins need have a config file wpml-config.xml . This file is explained in detail in http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ , section "4. Admin texts / wp_options".

In this specific case, you can create this file wpml-config.xml with the content http://pastebin.com/nvq9Nbuy and put it in the folder of plugin wp-members.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by aliceM 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
September 26, 2014 at 12:56 pm #480478

Edita s.r.l.

I am trying to translate WP-Members emails (subject, message, footer email) but i've not find into String Translations, WPML can do it?

Thanks

September 29, 2014 at 8:08 am #481350

Dat Hoang

Your versions look good.

Did you try these steps?

1. Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization"
2. Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active
3. Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings"
4. Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

One more thing, in our compatibility plugin list http://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/ , WP-Members has not been listed yet.

September 29, 2014 at 9:07 am #481427

Edita s.r.l.

Hi,

i've already try to do it but subject and content of email messages are not present...

September 29, 2014 at 10:08 am #481500

Dat Hoang

You've just marked this "Resolved", but it does not look like that. I open it again. If I'm wrong, please mark it "Resolved' one more time.

Please take a screenshot and show me how do you config subject and email messages?

NOTE THAT: I will try to help you but if it's too complicated, we need to work with the authors.

September 29, 2014 at 10:45 am #481535

Edita s.r.l.

Excuse me for wrong status, this is my screenshot, i need to translate the red fields

September 30, 2014 at 5:58 am #482293

Dat Hoang

As I see it looks like the option is saved in wp_options table. You can translate it by creating wpml-config.xml file.

http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ , section "4. Admin texts / wp_options".

#1, Step 1,
For your specific need, you can create this file wpml-config.xml with the following content and put it in the folder of plugin wp-members.

<wpml-config>
	<admin-texts>
		<key name="wpmembers_email_newreg">
			<key name="subj" />
			<key name="body" />
		</key>		
	</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

#2, Step 2,
Go to WPML > String Translation and translate them.

If possible, please ask the plugin author apply our Go Global program: wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/.

September 30, 2014 at 12:31 pm #482660

Edita s.r.l.

Thanks, now it work fine!

August 26, 2017 at 6:40 am #1351506

guntherS

Hi,
i have the same Problem: how to translate the e-mails on wp-members in different languages?

i tried with your example and build a wpml-config.xml
and the first time its work in the test, but now i can`t change it. in the example was only the first e-mail.
So i tried to change the wpml-config.xml but nothings happen. so also if i change the original text of the mail, appears same old text in the translation string.

i tried to change the wpml-config.xml :

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="wpmem_email_newreg">
            <key name="subj" />
            <key name="body" />
        </key>    
                <key name="wpmem_email_newmod">
            <key name="subj" />
            <key name="body" />
        </key>   
                </key>    
                <key name="wpmem_email_appmod">
            <key name="subj" />
            <key name="body" />
        </key>  
                </key>    
                <key name="wpmem_email_repass">
            <key name="subj" />
            <key name="body" />
        </key>  
                </key>    
                <key name="wpmem_email_notify">
            <key name="subj" />
            <key name="body" />
        </key>  
                </key>    
                <key name="wpmem_email_newmod">
            <key name="subj" />
            <key name="body" />
        </key>     
         </key>    
                <key name="wpmem_email_headers">
            <key name="subj" />
            <key name="body" />
        </key>     
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

but in wpml string translation i got only this 2 lines (screenshot)

Hope you have a solution for me

Thanks
Gus

May 21, 2019 at 5:50 pm #3857845

aliceM

Hi, just in case someone needs this.

Pay attention that the right hook name is "wpmembers_email_newreg" and not "wpmem_email_newreg" as in the list of filter hooks hidden link.

For me this works!