Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Robert 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohammed.

Author Posts
October 28, 2015 at 8:23 am #734274

Robert

Hi,

Actually this topic has been discussed before here with a solution https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-yoast-seo-fields-for-default-shop-page-product-attributes-etc/.
Although I ran into a problem. When I "Save" the page in string translation after tagging the boxes (see screenshot) it says "SAVED". Although when I refresh the page the boxes are un-tagged again.
So basically I can't save the "admin screen" setting in string translation even though it says it did.

How come? Or is there another way to get to translate the title and meta for the product overview page?

Thanks

Regards,
Rob

October 29, 2015 at 1:15 pm #735511

Mohammed

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

This is a different issue that you mentioned in the topic description.
Sometimes admin texts don't save, But there is an alternative solution for that.
You can use the methodology that I will mention until we launch the the next release which contains a fix for that.

Please read this article: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

You can add the admin texts as nodes under the admin-texts node . This will register them automatically in the String Translation.

Example:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="theme_mods_Gridiculous Pro">
            <key name="copyright" />
            <key name="logo" />
        </key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

The previous example will register the "logo" and "copyright" directly into the String Translation module so that you can translate them.

thanks.

November 2, 2015 at 3:18 am #737109

Robert

Thanks that did the trick. I put it in the theme-child folder which works like a charm.
Cheers
Regards
Rob