This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 26, 2019 at 3:07 pm

heatherD-2

I am trying to translate pages with ACF fields using Lionbridge connector. They can see and translate the custom fields on their end. However when it's submitted back to the site, the custom fields are not populated with the translated text. The fields remains blank.

We already reached out to Lionbridge's support. They did a few tests and concluded that it might be an issue with WPML instead and suggested I create a ticket here.

February 27, 2019 at 11:55 am #3249968

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me where can I see the translation(s) in question? I've made this user a translation manager - can you set translation languages for me, so that I can see which are these and send this to our 2nd tier that in charge of localization services so that they can check this further?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 1, 2019 at 6:42 am #3258643

heatherD-2

Hi Bruno,

It happens to all pages. The pattern I see is if it's a repeater field in ACF, the repeater field does not get added to the translated page and no translation is populated back.

An example page is the Terms page. hidden link

The terms page was submitted for translation for all languages we support (Chinese, French, German, Korean, Spanish).

I attached a screenshot to show that a repeater field is missing.

March 1, 2019 at 10:07 am #3259545

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've asked our 2nd tier about this (also sounds like a compatibility issue). However, can you update all WPML plugins in the meanwhile and see if it works?

I see e.g. that you are using WPML Multilingual CMS 4.0.7. Can you also update Advanced Custom Fields PRO?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 2, 2019 at 6:07 am #3264253

heatherD-2

Hi Bruno,

It looks like someone from the support initiated the update on 2 of WPML-related plugins (Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual and Translation Management ). This caused error 500 on our production environment.

Moving forward, can we work on our dev instance first while we are figuring out the issue? We don't want any downtime on our live site. The dev instance is 1:1 copy of the live site as of today.

Login info will be the same, but the URL is: hidden link
As for FTP, password is the same but the address is: devpredictive.sftp.wpengine.com username is: devpredictive-wpml

I have updated all WPML and ACF related plugin in the dev instance. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks

March 4, 2019 at 9:34 am #3267717

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for creating a staging site. However, I am seeing "WPML Translation Jobs Migration" issue there and we are unable to try some things before we fix that issue first and that may require additional time.

Therefore, I suggest we go this route:
- try to translate the same page using Classic Translation Editor (or create another page with the same element), and see if you will have the same issue (so don't send it through translation service, but translated it onlly throgh WPML)
-- I assume that it should happen that you can see translations in translation editor, but not in translated page, just as it happens with translation service
- also, can you tell me if these fields have been set in this way?
-- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-repeater-fields

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 12, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3322993

heatherD-2

Hi Bruno,

I'm getting a blank page on the WPML's Translation Management (even the WPML's settings page). What do you suggest I do to fix those? It seems that "WPML Translation Jobs Migration" is stuck migrating 10 items.

As for your instructions, I wasn't able to complete all the steps because after the plugin updates, I'm getting a blank page when I try to manage the translations.

What I did instead is I tried translating a page directly from the post edit page instead. The "blocks" repeater items which has the contents was not duplicated. I also tried clicking "Overwrite with English Content", the blocks still wasn't copied over. Screenshots are attached.

> - also, can you tell me if these fields have been set in this way?
> -- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-repeater-fields

Yes. I worked on marking all custom fields that has to be translated.

Let me know what you suggest I do to move forward with the blank page issues after the upgrade.

Thanks

March 12, 2019 at 4:01 pm #3325337

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

So when you click "Run now", it doesn't fix it, correct? Can you do this then (as we need to resolve this first):
- WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting -> Fix WPML tables collation

Does it resolve the issue?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 12, 2019 at 6:37 pm #3327535

heatherD-2

Hi Bruno,

Nope, it didn't fix it. Let me know what else can we try.

Thanks

March 13, 2019 at 2:55 am #3329547

heatherD-2

Hi Bruno,

Please feel free to login to our dev instance and try things out that might fix it. We have full backups in case the dev instance crashes.

Thanks

March 13, 2019 at 10:47 am #3332175

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you put wp-admin info for the dev instance?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 14, 2019 at 12:47 pm
March 14, 2019 at 2:16 pm #3345341

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This will require further debugging from out 2nd tier support and I will need to create a Duplicator package for local debugging. Let me know if this is ok.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 14, 2019 at 3:49 pm #3346583

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I will need to debug this further and provide a site clone to our 2nd tier. Can you try creating a Duplicator package? I am having issues with, can you check the logs there, perhaps change some settings or consult a host to see what stops it from happening?

Let me know, otherwise we will think of something else.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 15, 2019 at 7:57 am #3351849

heatherD-2

Hi Bruno,

The site is hosted on WPEngine. Duplicator is one of the disallowed plugins: hidden link

They have a daily backup that can be downloaded. I can share those to you if that works.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated ACF fields are not getting populated back’ is closed to new replies.