This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3953425

idrissb-2

We've had issue with our sitemap due to outdated plugins, and many DE and FR articles were dereferenced by google due to not being selected canonical url.

This page is one hidden link, there are 36 more.

We updated everything last week, according to the direct inspection tool they are now accessible by google but still not referenced by the search engine.

Is this sufficient to be considered as valid url ? Do you know how long it should take to be referenced again and if we can do something to speed up the process ? We have lost a lot of visitors

June 4, 2019 at 9:56 pm #3955527

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Time will depend on Google. I'm not sure if it's possible to speed this up, because Google will update its index within its own time.

Maybe you can try re-submitting sitemaps. I'm not sure if this will help, but worth trying.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.