This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.78 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sebastianR-26 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 11, 2018 at 2:25 pm #2090074

sebastianR-26

Hi guys. I've translated the Categories Widget of my site blog and it's looking fine, the thing is that when I select a category on the english or portuguese version of the blog, it searches for the result and navigates to the spanish version. What I need is that if I'm reading the blog in english then if I select a category through the widget on the sidebar, it should navigate to a page in the same language showing all the articles included in that category. Could you please let me know where to set the URLs for the different languages? Please take a look here: hidden link

May 12, 2018 at 3:53 am #2095678

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Are you using any redirect plugin? If yes, please could you deactivate it to test? If the problem persists, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins and see if the problem persists?

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

May 12, 2018 at 2:34 pm #2100347

sebastianR-26

I'm not using any redirect plugin. I've disabled all plugins and the problem is still there. I'm using WP 4.9.5 and WPML 3.9.4.

May 14, 2018 at 11:28 pm #2128211

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

I saw the problem you're reporting. This is a bug and our developers are aware of this.

This happens when you use the URL format as a parameter. Changing this to Directory makes this work correctly.

As a workaround, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Language URL format
- Select the "Different languages in directories" option
- Click on the "Save" button

This should cause the redirect to be done correctly. Another option should be to keep the widget as a list, rather than using the "Display as dropdown" option. To change this, go to the widget configuration page (Appearance > Widgets) and on the settings of this widget, uncheck the "Display as dropdown" option.

Note that at the moment we do not have a deadline when the drop-down option with the URL format per parameter will be fixed. At the moment it is recommended to use one of the solutions mentioned above.

Please, let me know if this works.

Thank you.

May 18, 2018 at 10:22 am #2188776

sebastianR-26

It's working. Thank you!