This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.77 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 3:10 am #4031803

gregJ-2

Hi, I've discovered a problem that is presenting major workflow issues.

I have a custom taxonomy in multiple languages. If the URL slug for the custom taxonomy is the same across languages, then I cannot edit the taxonomy fields or save the page.

For example, if the slug is "tokyo" in both English and Japanese, I can't translate the name "Tokyo" into Japanese because the page won't let me save due to identical slugs.

For several business reasons, the slugs need to be identical across languages.

Can WPML team please fix this bug?

June 17, 2019 at 6:50 am #4032471

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

This is because of limitation from WordPress itself, WPML can not use the same slugs. As a workaround, using the language switcher on the admin bar, switch to your secondary language. Then, instead of editing the taxonomy you need to use the quick edit link. From there you will be able to change the slug of the taxonomy.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated Categories with the identical Slugs can't be edited’ is closed to new replies.