This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 3:21 pm

martijnv-36

I am trying to: Translate a page with ACF fields with the ATE. I'm able to create the translation but when I deliver it the translated ACF fields are empty

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A translated page

Instead, I got: Empty ACF fields.

September 19, 2019 at 11:57 am #4604405

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I've checked things on your site. I could see that the /menu/ page is not set to be edited with WPML's classic Translation Editor. And I could see that it is not 100% complete. When I made the translation, 100% complete things work. Now the English page is showing the translations. Please see the attached screenshots.

If you need to use WPML's ATE and it still not working for you, please let me know. But before please correct the following.

By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Also please make sure that it is not a cache issue. When making changes on your site clear the cache from your site to make sure that the changes are applied.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 22, 2019 at 9:28 am #4617975

martijnv-36

I added the lines of code to the website but the problem still persists... I've added a link to a video showing what I do and what goes wrong. -> hidden link

September 22, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4619055

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the video.

When I follow the steps that you show on the video, I can see this issue on your site.

I can also see that the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin is not updated to its latest version on your site. You currently have version 5.7.8, and the latest is 5.8.4
Could you please update ACF Pro to the latest version and see if it helps to solve the issue?

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 25, 2019 at 12:03 pm #4638519

martijnv-36

I have successfully updated ACF Pro to the latest version but the same problem still persists.

September 26, 2019 at 12:26 pm #4646779

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

You are using repeater fields. Please make sure that you are setting their translation preference as described in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-repeater-fields

But also when I investigated this issue, I've noticed that the subfield (menu_fields) of the main repeater field (food_menu), is set as a clone field. Please see the attached screenshot. And it is cloning the fields from Fields Menu group. I'm not sure that WPML can work with this.
Can you please try and see if things work when you create the repeater field with actual subfields on the same group and not cloned fields?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated content made with ATE not showing up on frontend’ is closed to new replies.