This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate a page from English to German. But only the page title has been translated to German, but nothing else.

Solution: Opened page in WPML translation editor and press ‘Save and Close’ button. Then issue is resolved.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by chistopherM 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 17, 2018 at 5:26 am #1654172

chistopherM

I am trying to: translate a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link -> hidden link

I expected to see: the translated content in german as it has been translated via the translation editor

Instead, I got: content in original language (ie english) hidden link. The page title has been translated to german, but nothing else.

April 18, 2018 at 8:57 am #1671274

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Chistopher,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please increase MaxInputVars to 10000 or more. For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

I have checked your contact page, and see the translated text, see attached screnshot.

Only the footer widgets are not translated, you can follow this doc to translate widgets:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

- For showing the widgets in different languages I recommend you take a look at our documentation here: http://wpml.org/2011/03/howto-display-different-widgets-per-language/

Please clear all sort of caches in your site plugin cache (WP Super Cache) / CDN cache / browser cache.

Thank you

April 26, 2018 at 5:13 am #1824201

chistopherM

Hello,

I am having some quiet significant issues with WPML. The major one at the moment being that some dutch content disappeared from the site despite the translations being in the backend. For the time being I had to hide the language 'dutch' as we continually having issues with this. Are you able to log into the site and check why the detailed pages under Services as well as the case studies in dutch are not displaying? Thanks in advance for your response.

April 26, 2018 at 1:31 pm #1836630

Noman
Supporter

Hi Chistopher,

Please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible, so that I can look into your setup and try to solve this issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important
✙ Please add backend/frontend links/screenshots where I can see the issue

Thank you

April 27, 2018 at 5:44 pm #1866499

Noman
Supporter

Hi Chistopher,

I have duplicate existing Digital Analytics page and checked all checkboxes to make translation 100% complete and press Save button, then it continuously showing Saving... This issue can be fixed by increasing MaxInputVars.
- At the moment, it still showing 1000 as you can see in attached screenshot, please increase MaxInputVars to 10000 or more. For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

- Please Upgrade to the latest version(8.5.5) of Salient theme
hidden link

If still issue persists, please provide copy of your site using Duplicator plugin. So that I can further debug this issue.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thank you

April 30, 2018 at 2:13 pm #1899016

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for duplicator package. I am working on this and let you know about my findings.

Thank you for your patience.

May 1, 2018 at 11:06 am #1911566

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I would just like to let you know that Noman is not available today.
Since he has all the information about the issue in your ticket, I think that it will be best if you wait for him to continue investigating this issue tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience,
Itamar - WPML support team.

May 7, 2018 at 4:58 pm #2017706

Noman
Supporter

Hello Chistopher,

I can reproduce this issue in my localhost using duplicator package. You can fix this issue by following workaound:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pages-arent-being-linked/page/3/#post-1526267

Please try above steps and I hope it will resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience

May 18, 2018 at 3:37 am #2185538

chistopherM

Hi there , thanks for the investigation and provided fix. Ill have a look at this over the coming days (have been on A/L) and will get back to you asap, either letting you know that the issue has been resolved or whether it is ongoing. Until then, please leave this support ticket open.

Many Thanks!

May 21, 2018 at 7:48 am #2199169

Noman
Supporter

Okay sure thanks.

May 24, 2018 at 12:01 pm #2222333

chistopherM

Hi Noman,

i finally got around to this.

I followed the steps in the workaround you provided. I however still have pages in the dutch language which are not displaying. You will see for example under 'services' some of the sub pages are blank. I edited the pages in the language editor and saved them. Cleared the cache etc etc but still no luck. Am i missing anything?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best Regards

May 24, 2018 at 12:25 pm #2222769

Noman
Supporter

Hi Chistopher,

I have checked all services sub pages in Dutch language. All pages looks fine except Google Analytics and Social Media page. Then I opened both pages in translation editor and press ‘Save and Close’ button. Then issue is gone as you can see in attached screenshot. Can you please check and confirm?

Thank you

May 24, 2018 at 12:29 pm #2222773

chistopherM

Hi Noman, i managed to finally get this working. thanks for the help on this!