Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dmitry 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 25, 2020 at 12:54 pm #6868709

Dmitry

Dears,

I'm not newbie to WPML, and have created dozens working websites. However, today I ran into a problem where my translated content is simply not displayed when switching languages (simply from RU to EN). Some headers (H1-H3) appear translated, but the main website body remains in the main language (RU).

I hope you have encountered a similar problem and can help me solve it. Unfortunately, the website is hosted locally (DesktopServer) so I cannot grant you rights to it now.

My configuration is as follows:
- WordPress: v5.5
- WordPress Memory Limit: 256M
- PHP version: 7.3.1
- PHP Memory Limit: 512M
- Enfold theme: 4.7.6.3
- Language version of the website: RU
- Translation page: EN

Any ideas?

August 26, 2020 at 5:32 pm #6879721

Dmitry

Hello, Guys,

any involvement from your side so far?

August 28, 2020 at 12:51 am #6889961

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We have reports of similiar issue when using the Enfold Avia Builder, our developers are already aware of such issues and it is something to be fixed in the next version of WPML. For now, this workaround have worked for other customers who faced this issue:

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

1 - Install and activate the https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/ plugin.
2 - Make a minor editing in the post where the issue happens and save it.
3 - Click to edit your translations and resave it.

Please, let me know if it worked for you, have a nice day.

August 28, 2020 at 4:26 pm #6895673

Dmitry

Hi, Marcos, the workaround offered is 100% workable. See, for the developers, it's call to action of how to tune the WPML plugin just to ensure it's working completely w/o any extras to be used. )

August 31, 2020 at 5:33 pm #6909605

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, let me know if your issue is solved and if you need any additional details and clarifications from our side. Have a nice day.

September 19, 2020 at 4:05 pm #7051237

Dmitry

Hi, Markos, I have finally made my job done in re-installing everything, and made my initial RU content translated to EN. Workability is ~ 99% (I have all the latest WPML updates) but I still have 1 x block of text showing in original language whereas the content is been translated to EN (pls. see the screenshot). In the Enfold's Avia Layout Builder this element is just Text Block, so in the EN translation the text inside the Text Block is still showing in RU.