This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by petkoA 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 11:26 am #4525035

petkoA

I am trying to translate URL slugs for LearnPress course categories.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link - try to navigate to "Conceptos básicos de HTML" course and you will see Page not found. You can also try to open the English version of a course and use the language switcher to change the lang to Spanish and you will see Page not found again.

I expected to see the translated course to load the following URL: hidden link

Also I expected to see the translated course category at the following URL: hidden link

Instead, I got Page not found and URL hidden link

When you navigate to LearnPress -> Settings -> tab Courses, in the Single course section there are settings to control how the single course URLs look, but when I change Course Category Base in Spanish version from "course" to "cursos" and set Single Course Permalink to be Courses base with category it breaks everything.

I want to have translated slugs for different languages for course archive page (courses -> cursos), course categories pages (courses/web-development -> cursos/desarrollo-web) and single course page (courses/web-development/html-basics -> cursos/desarrollo-web/conceptos-basicos-de-html).

September 6, 2019 at 4:53 pm #4526821

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Go to WPML -> Settings -> Slug translations and activate the option "Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation)".

Now scroll to the section Post Type Translation and Post Taxonomy Translation and make sure that all types and taxonomies related to LearnPress are set to "translatable". Further, you will find here the options to translate the slugs.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 8, 2019 at 9:36 am #4531071

petkoA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!