This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by filip-djezeB 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
December 20, 2018 at 10:34 am #3020063

jornS-5

I am trying to: View CPTs and their archive page on a client's Swedish site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (archive) or hidden link (single project)

I expected to see: Project archive page or single project

Instead, I got: 404 error.

The weird thing is, it works/worked sometimes, and sometimes the project page redirected to the single project URL listed above (but displaying 404 page), but now it seems to have settled on 404 every time for both.

December 20, 2018 at 10:42 am #3020088

jornS-5

I closed the ticket, because it seemed like it had corrected itself. It was working fine for a minute, but then it went back to 404s.

December 21, 2018 at 3:29 am #3023400

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support. I will do my best to help you solve this issue.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Create a full backup of the site.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes, specially WPML plugins. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Go to Settings -> Permalinks -> Re-save the permalink structure.

Could you tell me result of the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

December 21, 2018 at 11:53 am #3024602

jornS-5

I have done as suggested – created a backup, updated all plugins, flushed all cache that I know of, and saved permalinks.

Behaviour is still the same: Sometimes it works as expected, but most of the time there's a 404 error – both for the project archive page and for single projects.

December 21, 2018 at 12:56 pm #3024872

jornS-5

After a lot of poking around (troubleshooting page, settings etc.), the issue seems to have corrected itself (knock on wood).

December 21, 2018 at 12:57 pm #3024873

jornS-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

December 21, 2018 at 5:15 pm #3025792

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Happy Holidays!
Best regards,
Carlos

September 26, 2019 at 6:31 am #4643723

filip-djezeB

@jorns-5 could you please tell me how you resolved it? The same problem seems to be happening to me :/