This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elsW 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 17, 2020 at 3:43 pm #5934461

elsW

When I sync the menu, I get all the menu items double in translated language, so that doesn't work.

I tried this, but didn't work either: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/#translate-custom-links

Adding ?lang=es to the custom link didn't work either.

On the homepage jumping back works fine, but from the projectpages it goes to the wrong language.

April 19, 2020 at 11:30 am #5942049

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

When using the parameter, this is added at the end, but in the case of anchor link it should be like this hidden link

If you try to open this from another page you'll see it works.
An alternative might be using directories instead of the parameters, so the anchor link are redirected correctly.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

April 19, 2020 at 12:35 pm #5942463

elsW

Hello Laura, thanks for your answer.

Almost! It worked when I put the slash in front of the anchor link! (because the project pages are a sublevel of the homepage, your examples works on the homepage, but not for the subpages). Putting this in the customlink solved the problem!

/?lang=es#Projects

Thanks a lot, have a good day,
Els