This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using the Oleander Theme from Solopine and have created a Child theme of it which is using the same textdomain "solopine".

However, I have some values in the Customizer section which needs to be translated. So I went to the String translation and the admin texts screen. There I selected the fields I want to translate in the theme_mods_mychildthemename. Those strings are shown in the string translation, but when I translate them nothing is happening on the frontend.

Solution: I added the three plugins from the beta section (WPML, String Translation and Translation Management). The beta versions prompted me to generate .mo files and now it works.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 6, 2019 at 11:27 am #4702273

torbenT-2

Hello,
I am using the Oleander Theme from Solopine and have created a Child theme of it which is using the same textdomain "solopine".

However, I have some values in the Customizer section which needs to be translated. So I went to the String translation and the admin texts screen. There I selected the fields I want to translate in the theme_mods_mychildthemename. Those strings are shown in the string translation, but when I translate them nothing is happening on the frontend.

This is a translation: hidden link

The frontend still looks like this: hidden link

Can somebody assist?

October 7, 2019 at 3:50 pm #4709143

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- You attached the same image twice in your previous message. Could you attach an image of the front end where I can see the issue?

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 8, 2019 at 12:14 pm #4714995

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

I can see the issue in the attached image but I can't access the site because there is an authentication step (.htaccess) before I can see the site. Could you edit your previous message and add the credentials for this form?

Regards,
Carlos

October 8, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4715671

torbenT-2

Hey Carlos,
there is no .htaccess on that site, but an option where you can log in with the WP credentials I've sent to you. Can you check again - with the WP credentials I have sent?

October 8, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4715701

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I can't login using the credentials provided. Please see the attached image so you can see the credentials I'm asking for.

Regards,
Carlos

October 8, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4715733

torbenT-2

Hey Carlos,
I think not all of my secure message has been transmitted to your end. Can you enable the form to send a private message again?

October 8, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4715777

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Sure! I have set your next message again.

Regards,
Carlos

October 8, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4716009

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry but the credentials still are failing. This time I can see the wp-admin form correctly (you are right, I was visiting the ftp URL) but the password is not working.

Could you double check the credentials?

Regards,
Carlos

October 8, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4716347

torbenT-2

Hello,
can you activate the private message again? 🙂

October 8, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4716411

torbenT-2

I have edited my private answer above with a new password.

October 9, 2019 at 10:36 am #4721877

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for the credentials, this time I was able to log in the site correctly.

I applied several tests but the issue persists. In this case I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Create a full backup of the site.
- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial tab -> Install the beta version of WPML and double check if the issue persists.

Note: Please let me know if you need my help to switch to the beta channel.

Regards,
Carlos

October 9, 2019 at 3:58 pm #4724315

torbenT-2

Hey Carlos,
I added the three plugins from the beta section (WPML, String Translation and Translation Management). The beta versions prompted me to generate .mo files and now it works.

Do you know when these beta versions are released?

Thanks.

October 10, 2019 at 7:44 am #4728089

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Unfortunately I don't have an estimated timed of arrival for the new release of the plugin, but our developers are working on it.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos