Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
April 16, 2021 at 11:48 pm #8559231

Jeremy

The logo keeps changing back randomly while we're trying to translate pages on the site.

We used String Translations to translate the logo to French by setting a different URL to the image.

After translating the website for a couple of hours, the logo reverts back to English. When we check the String Translation, the translation is still set to the French logo URL, to fix the problem, need to remove the French URL, save it, then enter the French URL again and save it, and that fixes it.

April 18, 2021 at 10:17 am #8564105

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be happy to help you today

At the moment I can see that it's working as expected, the logo is different in both languages. Please check here:

English: hidden link
French: hidden link

If the issue persists after some time and the logo reverted back to the English version, please update the WPML related plugins to the latest version and check if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

April 20, 2021 at 10:36 pm #8585649

Jeremy

Hello,

Thank you for your response. We have updated the plugins.

The logo randomly changed again, except that this time the logo changed to French on the English site, this time the logo of the image URL switched to the french logo under Divi -> Theme Options

Thank you

April 21, 2021 at 8:46 am #8588639

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jeremy,

1- Please check if the hosting service has enabled server-side caches like Memcache or OPCache.

2- Please try to reproduce the issue in a minimal environment by following these steps:

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database and website before performing the above test ❌

Let me know please the results of your testing.
Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.