This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 3:15 pm

weiC-5

HI, we recently developed a new site with Elementor Pro and we used WPML to translated the entire site...strange thing is for our translated pages, some of the global widgets looked perfect while under Elementor Editing page and preview, but when you switch to a live site, the icon color and button position all shows the default color and layout.....this only happened on our translated Chinese pages, for original English pages, it all worked perfect.....hope you can take a look for us and advise, thank you.

hidden link
hidden link

Chinese page's icon color and "click here" button position is not correct....even it looks correct while in Elementor Editing mode, but the live site does not reflect the update and changes.

August 21, 2019 at 3:24 pm
August 21, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4433075

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

This ticket has been inactive for quite a while, so I'm transforming this chat into a regular support ticket because I believe you're still encountering the problem.

Can you please confirm that the issue is with the button that I show on the attached screenshot?

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 21, 2019 at 3:46 pm #4433845

weiC-5

Dear Itamar: Yes, besides the button, also the 3 icon color are different from the English site. In addition, I just opened this ticket about an hour ago, how come I am getting the message that the ticket has been inactive for a while, transforming this ticket to a regular ticket? My issue is still there and not being resolved yet......

August 22, 2019 at 8:45 pm #4442839

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

First I'll explain that now we hare live chat support as the default support of our forum. You might have missed it when you opened the ticket. This is why I wrote that there was no reply from you and I'm transforming the ticket.

It looks like the issue is with a global widget of Elementor. Please make sure that you follow our instructions here on how to translate global elements.
https://wpml.org/2018/07/wpml-4-0-5-with-support-for-elementor-templates-and-global-widgets/

Also, by looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated Elementor global widget is not showing correct color or button posit’ is closed to new replies.