This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 10, 2019 at 8:14 pm #3990155

danielF-60

I am trying to: translate registration e-mails

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: german text

Instead, I got: english text

June 10, 2019 at 11:03 pm #3990713

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Indeed, it is correct to translate the emails with our String Translation Plugin.

Please make sure to go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin localization and scan the Buddypress Plugin for new strings. Then locate the email string on String Translation and translate them into all available languages. Make sure to verify that all the translations are marked as completed.

Are there issues about the changes not showing up in the emails sent out?

If so, could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to see errors on front end, backend and further find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

If necessary I can offer you to test your site locally. Plugins like Emails Catch All can help to test such tasks.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/emails-catch-all/

Let me know if this might be convenient for you!

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] translated emails are not shown in correct language’ is closed to new replies.