This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraM-28 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 10, 2018 at 7:36 pm #2805572

lauraM-28

Tell us what you are trying to do?

When I am in a post, the translated post appears if I toggle to the second language. But if I navigate to a page, the translated post excerpts/photos do not appear, is is blank. For example, I went to a recipe post I had translated. I switched the language to Spanish and the recipe appeared in Spanish. I then clicked "Recetas" in the menu bar to navigate to the recipes page while the site was in Spanish mode. The page appeared blank. Why aren't the translated recipe excerpts and featured photos appearing?

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

October 11, 2018 at 3:53 pm #2809045

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I visited your website and I tested with a recipe but it was not translated in multiple languages so I could see just the default language.

1. Can you please give me the link to the recipe you are talking about?
2. Could you please elaborate a little more on this point "But if I navigate to a page, the translated post excerpts/photos do not appear, it is blank." so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 18, 2018 at 7:02 pm #2829259

lauraM-28

I will try to explain further.
1. I am on my site in English. I click "Recipes" on the menu to navigate to that page.
2. I use the language toggle on the menu bar to switch to Spanish. My translated recipes appear (photos and excerpts) on my recipe page.
3. I click "Recetas" on the menu bar. The page that appears is blank, with no Spanish recipe photos/excerpts.

October 19, 2018 at 2:38 pm #2832393

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you very much for the explanation.

It really helped.

The English Recipes page (hidden link) is linked correctly on the menu and it is a WordPress-generated post category page.

When you click the Spanish button in the menu, WordPress is correctly sending you to the Spanish version of the Recipes WordPress-generated category page which is this: hidden link

However, the link that is set on the "Recetas" menu button is sending to a separately-created page that is completely empty as it doesn't have any content. You will see that the link the "Recetas" buttons sends you to is "hidden link" so you would need to go to the Spanish version of the main menu in the backend WordPress panel and create a new button in the menu that will be a custom link and that sends to this link "hidden link" not to the actual one.

Here is how you can create a custom link in the menu: https://easywpguide.com/wordpress-manual/appearance/updating-the-menu/adding-a-custom-link-menu-item/

I am also attaching some screenshots so that you can see the link difference.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 25, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2850366

lauraM-28

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!