Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Patty Brummelman 2 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 24, 2018 at 10:57 am #2573266

Patty Brummelman

I am trying to:
I have translated several posts in which there are ACF fields.
I have first duplicated the content through WPML translation management.
Then I have used WP All Import to update the fields of the different languages.

Now the characteristics are not showing anymore.
When I test the code, I see it does not find any fields when I use get_fields(); It never enters the loop.

The Dutch one is correct: hidden link
The English one is not showing any product features hidden link

July 24, 2018 at 11:02 am #2573373

Patty Brummelman

Added some more images which might help

July 25, 2018 at 6:10 am #2578255

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2018 at 4:36 pm #2581087

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. Maybe the issue is happening because you are using the older version of the WPML(3.9.3). The latest version is WPML 4.0.5. Please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

I have a doubt. How you are managing the ACF Field Groups. Becuase the ACF menu is not visible for me.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 26, 2018 at 7:28 am #2583069

Patty Brummelman

I just tried to update but got an error for all WPML related items. Translated it's something like "Update package not available". The ACF is called "Extra Velden" in the menu.

July 26, 2018 at 9:38 am #2583600

Patty Brummelman

Apparently it did not recognize there was still a valid registration. WPML is updated now, but same problem keeps existing.

July 26, 2018 at 4:33 pm #2585338

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. The site has a valid WPML Site Key registration for the automatic upgrades. Hope later you have upgraded to the latest version of WPML successfully.

Please try the following steps after a backup and check the issue is existing.

1) Visit Producten>>Producten
2) Open a Product post for edit
3) Scroll down to *Multilingual Content Setup* widget on the bottom of the screen
4) Click on *Show system fields* link
5) Choose *Copy* as translation preference for the *_productkenmerken* field and *Apply* the changes
6) Update the Post(just resave)
7) Change the code to the following and comment the *foreach* code a while to test

$fields = get_field('productkenmerken');
var_dump($fields)

8) Visit the post in the frontend and make sure the value is showing the frontend

Please check the attached image for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 27, 2018 at 10:58 am #2587926

Patty Brummelman

The problem is now resolved, thank you. It was returned in a different way for other languages than the initial Dutch one, which resulted in differences in the front end lay out.

In Dutch there were <p> and </p> added which helped with layout. Also no extra <br> were returned which was returned in for example English. I was able to create a workaround for this. I replaced 2 <br> for 1 and added an extra <p> and </p> around the whole value to give it the same look.

If there is a better solution that makes both languages get returned in the exact same matter, please let me know.