Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maikii 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
November 12, 2020 at 1:02 am #7429709

maikii

We have a form translated from English into three languages. They were translated using the Classic Editor, and were submitted at 100%. The form renders fine, except for two questions.

I've checked each translation, they are fine. I've also checked the GravityForms string translation, and it is fine. I don't know what else would be causing the issue on that particular form. Please advise.

Screenshot_2020-11-11 String Translation ‹ Move San José — WordPress(1).png
Screenshot_2020-11-11 String Translation ‹ Move San José — WordPress.png
Screenshot_2020-11-11 Khảo sát về quy hoạch giao thông của trung tâm thành phố - Move San José.png
November 13, 2020 at 11:02 am #7442393

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

We highly recommend using WPML’s Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) to translate your website content along with your form’s textual elements as it facilitates the translation process. Can you please try it using the Advanced Translation Editor?

More information about the configuration you can find here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/#translating-gravity-forms

Best Regards
Marcel

November 13, 2020 at 7:31 pm #7445309

maikii

No, we will not use the ATE. As I explained at https://wpml.org/forums/topic/uncaught-referenceerror-tinymce-is-not-defined-translation-editor-issues/#post-7399255, it doesn't meet our criteria.

This is the second time I've had an issue with translating GravityForms, and the presented solution was an upsell to the editor that loads on external servers. I don't have a single client whose internal policies allow for integrations like ATE, so that is never going to be an option for me. With that in mind:

1. Is GravityForms fully supported with the Classic Editor?
2. Is the Classic Editor deprecated?
3. Is there a solution to my issue with the labels not showing as translated on the form?

November 16, 2020 at 3:31 pm #7459345

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

This is the second time I've had an issue with translating GravityForms, and the presented solution was an upsell to the editor that loads on external servers.

The Advanced Translation Editor is free to use. As you may know, we have a machine translation integrated into our Advanced editor. If you don't want to use automatic translation you can use all other functionalities from our editor for free. I totally understand that it's your client's policy.

1. Is GravityForms fully supported with the Classic Editor?

We recommend ATE for functions as machine translation or translation memory. You should be still able to translate using our Classic Editor. The only technically mandatory is the translation over our Translation Management Add-On. Did you use the Classic Editor in combination with Translation Management?

More information you can find here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/can-i-translate-gravity-forms-with-the-classic-translation-editor-2/

2. Is the Classic Editor deprecated?

Currently not, but we plan deeper integration with the Advanced editor inside WPML in feature releases.

3. Is there a solution to my issue with the labels not showing as translated on the form?

Please try if you may get other entries for the same strings using this option: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#auto-register-strings-for-translation

If it's not working, we can try to reproduce this in a Sandbox to exclude any 3rd party code.

Best Regards
Marcel

November 19, 2020 at 6:57 pm #7487563

maikii

I solved my issue by saving the translations for the label strings in GravityForms, removing the strings in questions from the GravityForms package, and "updated" the form to have the system recognize them again so I could re-translate them.

No one here helped me, and this has initiated a look for an alternative translation system from the client.