This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
January 16, 2019 at 3:43 pm #3098352

monikaT-3

I am trying to:
The homepage translation did not get published 100%. The translator sees 100% translated but it does not show on the home page. The Chinese version of the home page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The bottom half is not translated

Instead, I got:

January 16, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3098405

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi!

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

January 16, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3099040

monikaT-3

I will resend the ftp info, it seems like I messed it up the folder.

January 16, 2019 at 9:47 pm #3099657

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

After having a look at your site´s backend I can see that all the pages appear correctly on the WPML Translation Editor but only the Chinese page is missing page builder content.

Before we take any further tests for debugging could you please update WPML and its add-ons to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists?
Before doing it, please create a reliable backup of your site.

Please also update your theme and other plugin used on the website to make sure that the issue was not solved already in newer versions.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 18, 2019 at 2:18 am #3104287

monikaT-3

Andreas,
Updated all the plugins and WP to the latest as you recommended. Nothing changed. Fixed the FTP account so now you are able to access the files. Also created a copy of the site.
Thanks a lot for all the help!
Monika

January 18, 2019 at 11:36 pm #3107500

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello!

I signed into you wp-admin and gave the page element in question a small update by adding some empty spaces at the end of the text paragraphs. The edit was made on the page "Home".

Then I entered the Advanced Translation Editor for Chinese. I realized that now there is still one string that is missing a translation. Please complete this translation and let me know if the issue persists.

Translations for pages that have been edited for the first time need to be 100% completed to be visible on preview.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 20, 2019 at 5:56 pm #3109760
monikaT-3

Andrea,
thanks for the help. I was able to make all the translations visible on the front end.
One more question. Translated the products as well, and some of the translations ones stay in DRAFT stage and I do not see a way to make publish them. The default language is published and on the tr. manager I see them as published but they are not.
I tried to create a new product, and that published automatically. But I duplicated my translated on and they also not get published.
i would need some help. Thanks!

New threads created by Andreas W. and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translations-stay-as-draft-and-are-not-published/

January 21, 2019 at 5:12 pm #3113408

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

Thank you for your message.

I am glad to here that the problem is solved. Regarding the issue about drafts that are not being published I opened a new support ticket.

You can expect my reply later today after I had a look at your site.

Please do not hesitate to mark this ticket as resolved.

Kind regards
Andreas