This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 2:44 pm #3577519

hooiC

I am trying to: I uploaded French image under wpml - media translation. as the translated image for the product is not displaying at the front end of French subdomain site, I did this steps which you advised me previously but the French image is not updated.
1. Upload the image in WPML > Media Translation,
2. Then go to the product and modify it somehow (add a character to the title or the body and update, for example), then proceed to update the translation and check if the image changed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link .

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

April 10, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3578567

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Try to add a different name for the french image and add it again (if the name is the same as the English one).

Then look for the option on the screenshot on the original language product (English, in your case) and see if they are selected or not.

If they are not, then select it, and proceed to restart with the steps mentioned in your answer.

Regards.

April 11, 2019 at 9:34 am #3585713

hooiC

Hi Alejandro
I re-named the French image filename and also the name of the image for the French under wpml-media translation. the options on the screenshot on the original language product (English, in your case) are selected. did the steps mentioned above(edit original language, edit french and save complte) and translated image still not showing on the frontend of the French site . it has updated the same image for German site(this was done last week) but not French site.
see hidden link Product: Recharge myLotus Fertilité Test de Grossesse (hCG) (3 packs de 3 tests)

April 11, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3589441

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello, i tried the method from before and it worked without issues.

- You upload the media
- You go to the product
- You make a modification to the product (i added a character to the title)
- You click "update"
- Then you make sure the spinning wheel on the translations appear (that means the need to get updated)
- You click on the spinning wheel of the desired language
- You then make sure everything's fine and select "Translation completed" (it's fixed on the bottom of the page. it's a checkmark)
- Click "save and close"

That's it.

April 11, 2019 at 3:49 pm #3590023

hooiC

Hi Alejandro, thank you so much for your video. i followed exactly the steps you showed on video and still not able to update the french image for hcg product. do you mind doing this for me on the live site because i am really frustrated. sorry to ask you again

April 12, 2019 at 6:27 am #3595073

Alejandro
Supporter

Can you check again? I see the image has changed already to the translated one.

Regards.

April 12, 2019 at 6:47 am #3595227

hooiC

Hi Alejandro
i still see the old image for the hcg test pack. see screenshot attached. as I am taking a day off, i have to remove your access last night. please let me know if you need access, then i will get permission first.
hidden link

April 12, 2019 at 9:49 am #3597319

Alejandro
Supporter

Yes please give me access so i can do this for you.

Regards.

April 12, 2019 at 9:49 am #3597321

Alejandro
Supporter

Yes please give me access so i can do this for you.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated image not displaying on secondary language site’ is closed to new replies.