This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by natasjaS-2 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4680945

natasjaS-2

Hi there, I have translated images to another language in the media manager, but those images are not showing in my website built with elementor... maybe i need to set a setting on/off. Could not find anything in documentation.

Please let me know what to do.

Kind regards, Natasja

October 2, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4681517

natasjaS-2

Hi noman, just send you all the information through the private message. Thanks for helping 🙂

October 3, 2019 at 7:46 am #4685471

natasjaS-2

Hi Noman, Can I just continue to work on my website? Because I have a deadline next week and need to make things in order before going live. 🙂 Please let me know. Kind regards, Natasja

October 3, 2019 at 7:54 am #4685523

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Could you please also send me page URL where I can see this issue. Thank you for your cooperation.

October 3, 2019 at 8:32 am #4685835

natasjaS-2

Hi Noman,

you can just go to the address of the website now, given in the blue box on the top of this page. I have disabled the coming soon page... and as you see... in the header the image on .com is English, and on the .com/nl/ it should have a similar image but with Dutch text (and a square image, instead of rectangle)... as I have put a Dutch image through the media manager.

Is that okay? I would rather not send an url that everyone can see.

Kind regards, Natasja

October 3, 2019 at 11:46 am #4687211

Noman
Supporter

Do you want to translate a logo of your website? Could you please send me a screenshot in private reply. I have enabled private input box for your next reply. Thank you

October 3, 2019 at 6:28 pm #4690757

Noman
Supporter

I've been doing some tests and it seems like the best solution is to include the image in a Text editor element or Image Box element which are translatable element. Here are Elementor Page Builder modules that are supported by WPML and will automatically be displayed on the Translator Editor page:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements
and image translation will work fine from WPML >> Media Translation for these modules.

For those modules that are not compatible with WPML, you may need to switch the page to the secondary language using the top bar admin language switcher and update the image manually using the Elementor interface.

To translate a logo I have followed the below steps:
1. Added logo from Appearance >> Customize > Site Identity.
2. Replaced ‘Image’ widget with ‘Site Logo’ widget .
3. Added logo Id as translation from WPML >> String Translation as you can see in the attached screenshot.

And now logo showing correctly in secondary language as well.

Thank you

October 3, 2019 at 6:56 pm #4690881

natasjaS-2

Wow, Thanks! Really happy that this issue is solved. When I go to the other directory I see the other logo, which is great!! Will come back in the future to check how I need to do this myself for my other logo's 🙂

Have a nice day!
Natasja