This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 10:54 am

danielV-61

I am trying to:
Have two different images shown in German and English. The page's original language currently is German. In English, the image is the same as in German.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link here if you scroll to the use cases, you can see German text on the images. In the both tabs there are localized images added after installing the plugin in two different ways (once in German to page creator and once in English (main language) to the Media library) and both translated in Media Translator.

I've tried many thing, I've tried flushing cache, really deleting all images and using new ones, etc. Didn't work.

Last detail: Blade Theme uses the media library picker to select images.

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

May 13, 2019 at 12:39 pm
May 13, 2019 at 2:11 pm #3799275

danielV-61

Hi Laura, you've been testing for a couple hours now, is there any news on how we can sustainably work with images?

Best,
Daniel

May 13, 2019 at 5:31 pm #3800963

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I found the cause for the issue but not a solution yet.

The problem is with your theme, which uses a customized version of WPBakery. Therefore, the single image module shortcode is not vc_single_image as usual, but grve_single_image. This explains why it's not present the image ID in the translation editor.

However, I couldn't find a solution for this. I tried to add this snippet to your xml-config file

<shortcode>
            <tag>grve_single_image</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>image</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>

But apparently it's not working, so I need to debug a bit more.
Would it possible to have the theme installed in a fresh WP that I'd would provide you?

May 13, 2019 at 6:10 pm #3801113

danielV-61

Hi

We can do that. But we will need to continue without WPML for now.

If we get it to work on another installation, we can use it again.

Please do not use the credentials that I provided you at any time. It was more than 5 hours ago that I did the backup, a lot changed since then and you did major changes that broke a few things.

Best,
Daniel

May 14, 2019 at 7:46 am #3804379

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

please install your theme here: hidden link

so I can pass the issue to the compatibility team.

May 15, 2019 at 2:34 pm #3817723

danielV-61

Hi Laura,

thanks, I uploaded the theme and it is installed now.

Looking forward to your feedback!

May 16, 2019 at 12:40 pm #3825913

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks a lot. I escalated the ticket, I'll let you know as soon as possible.

May 21, 2019 at 9:56 am #3853895

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the issue should be fixed with the latest release of Blade theme (they added the block from their side) so could you try to update and see if it's working for you?