This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4021195

damianP-6

Hi there,

I have 2 issues that I'm struggling to solve:

#1Tell us what you are trying to do?
Looked at countless tutorials, documents and forum topics, and can't seem to get the translated media images to show up in a gallery I have on my page thesiambindery.com/workshops.
The two images show as translated in WPML > Media Translation, but nothing is happening on the website's Thai page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
thesiambindery.com/workshops

#2Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am using WPBakery page builder, and it was included in the Vitrine theme I bought. The theme is compatible with WPML, and I currently have WPBakery v 6.0.3 installed. However, I can't seem to get the blocks to show up, and up to now, I have still not managed to translate any content in any of this page builder's blocks.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/
I've probably looked at a dozen+ articles and videos to help me figure this out, but I am still unsuccessful. I've added the Raw HTML I got from one of your blog posts in the Custom XML Configuration, but this has not helped.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
thesiambindery.com/workshops

June 14, 2019 at 2:44 pm #4022291

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

1. Media Image translation
Can you please be specific on what images should be showing up. Right now, when I visit the TH version of the page everything is in English.

Maybe you can upload a screenshot?

2. Vitrine theme
It may be that you are using theme specific custom pagebuilder shortcodes and that they need to be registered with WPML String Translation.

I would need to see a concrete example of what you describe.

3. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

June 17, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4036905

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve been struggling to work on your site as I am continuously getting 503 errors. This indicates some kind of server or capacity problem. So I am limited in how much I can actually help you.

1. Media Galleries
As these are part of a pagebuilder shortcode, if the shortcode is not appearing in the translation editor, then you need to temporarily "turn off" the WPML editor and enter the new image values manually into the Thai translation.

e.g. You need to open the Thai transaltion, and in that same shortcode (image_carousel) you will need to upload into the shortcode, the Thai versions of the images.

The Media translation will only automatically happen for standard WordPress custom fields like "feature image". SInce the images are attributes of a shortcode, this needs to be entered in the same way on the target language. In this case, the Media Translation option simply allows you to have a copy of that image in the target language space.

I tried to do an example for you but it was impossible to get anything to show on your site without getting 503 errors.

2 Text shortcodes

Please try the following. Create a simple page with ony one text box. Does this text box translate?
If not, please then try the following diagnostic steps.

2.1 Deactivate all of your non-WPML plugins and temporarily change your active theme to Twenty Seventeen.
2.2 In this setup, please now try to complete the translation of that simple page. Does the page now come up translated in the frontend?

Thanks

June 18, 2019 at 5:49 am #4040541

damianP-6

1. Media Galleries
Managed to follow your steps and sorted this out. Thanks!

2 Text shortcodes

I followed your steps here, too:

I created a simple page with only one text box. It does not translate.

2.1 I Deactivated all non-WPML plugins and temporarily changed my active theme to Twenty Seventeen.
2.2 There are still no text boxes that allow me to translate the text. Only the translation for the page header shows up (see screenshot)

What else can be done here?

Thanks

June 18, 2019 at 11:10 am #4043063

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

The shortcode you are using is not a standard VC one. So I had to register it for translation as follows:

<shortcode>
          <tag>textbox</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute >title</attribute>
              <attribute >text_content</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>

Again - I tried to do this for you but your system keeps giving me 503 timeouts.
- Once you have added this to your WPML > Settings > Custom XML, then complete any outstanding translation jobs on the test page.
- You should see a "pencil icon" in the sidebar.
- Make a change in the textbox and save the original page (you should now see a circular arrow in sidebar)
- Open the translation editor.

If the registration worked, you should then see the text boxes for trnalsation.

If it does not work, then there may be a compatibiity problem with your theme and WPML.
I wait for your news.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated media images don't show up as translated’ is closed to new replies.