This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bjorn 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 4, 2020 at 9:42 am #5837603

Bjorn

Hi,

Got some trouble with a database crash of my site recently. I've been able to manage most of the issues by now, and experience two last translation issues:

• One; on the home of my site, the english translated menu is gone, while I see it on shop related pages. I cannot figure out why it's hidden on homepage?

• The my-account page in Dutch is ok (hidden link), but when I change to english and click the my-account icon in menu, it doesn't bring me to a translated my account page but to a strange product page. I cannot figure this out...

Hope you are able to take a look and tell me what's going on..

thanks in advance..

April 6, 2020 at 10:28 am #5846923

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Bjorn,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

Can you go to Appearance → Menus and make sure that the translation for the menu is added, please? Make sure that the menu is translated and set to be displayed at the top of the page.

For the second issue, I will need access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at the my account page. Can you send me the credentials so I can access the admin side, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

April 10, 2020 at 7:12 am #5881397

Bjorn

Any updates on this? my international customers aren't able to place orders at this moment, so the issue is kind of urgent.
thanks

April 10, 2020 at 8:15 am #5882001

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Bjorn,

I checked your website but I cannot understand why is this happening. All the settings look good: the menu items are translated, the menu location is set on both languages, I even checked the code from the theme that's creating the header, to see if there's any special menu setting.

Can you try to deactivate all the plugins except for WPML, activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty, and tell me if this menu is still not working fine this time, please? I just want to see if this is an issue caused by some compatibility with another plugin you're using (or even with the theme).

In the meantime, I'll have a look at the My account page too.

Thanks,
Radu

April 10, 2020 at 9:23 am #5882553

Bjorn

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!