Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
December 22, 2016 at 4:03 pm #1166852

Philippe

I am trying to: add into my main menu a link to a new page I just created.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:hidden link

I expected to see: Normaly, I should just see this new link in my French Menu. Then I would add the link to the translated page to my English and my Dutch Menus.

Instead, I got: But as soon as I add this new page into my French menu, my English and Dutch Menus become all messed. You can see what I mean on the attached files. Menus items from everywhere appears on my main menu, CSS break and all the links point toward the French pages only.

Steps to duplicate the issue: Creating a new page. Then adding this new page to the main menu. And you are done.

I have unactivated all the plugins, and also removed the Child CSS style sheet, but nothing help. I have cleaned up the Cache and all the options available in the WPML troubleshooting Clean up page, without change.

You can see the clean website on my production site: hidden link and the problem on my testing website: hidden link

Theme: Karma 4.8.3 by TrueThemes

Thank you!

After.png
Before.png
December 23, 2016 at 8:29 am #1167255

Joanna

Hello Jocelyne,

It seems that you lost parent-child connections in the secondary languages menus. To fix it, please go to WPML->WP Menu Sync and synchronize your menu.

Please let me know if synching didn't help.

December 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm #1167577

Philippe

Hello Joanna,

Thank you for your answer. Indeed, synchronizing menus brings a change, but, as you can see on the new screen capture, menus are just messed up differently. Languages are messed, order is changed and some entries are duplicated.

Main Menu (2).png
December 23, 2016 at 4:22 pm #1167653

Joanna

Hello Jocelyne,

In this case, if it's okay with you, I would like to ask you for credentials to your website and FTP. It will help us debug the issue and find the solution. You will find the fields for WordPress and FTP access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

December 26, 2016 at 9:36 am #1168226

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Joanna is off today so I am taking care of this ticket, Hope that is OK 🙂

I just cleared the WPML cache going to support->troubleshooting and it seems to me that issue is fixed, could you please check it?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 26, 2016 at 8:14 pm #1168562

Philippe

Hello Shekhar,

Thank you for your help! Indeed, in a first time, it solves the CSS issue and the duplicated items. But languages remain mixed in the menus. A lot of items are in French in the English and Dutch menus (see Screenshot 1 and 2). But as soon as I try to modify the menu in the background (Apparence - Menu) to put back things in place, everything turn back messed up, as you can see on my Screenshot 3. To replicate this issue, take a duplicate of the website and add whichever page you want in a menu. To do that, I could give you the credentials to my MAIN website, which have the same problem. So I cannot update my menus with my new pages in this Christmas time.

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png
December 27, 2016 at 11:02 am #1168938

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

I am creating a test site using duplicator, I will get back to you soon with my feedbacks.

December 27, 2016 at 1:57 pm #1169107

Philippe

Ok, thank you!

December 28, 2016 at 8:13 am #1169539

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

Once you made some changes to the menu, go to WPML->Menu sync and click on sync this should fix the issue you are facing, let me know if it helps.

Thanks

December 28, 2016 at 2:13 pm #1169996

Philippe

Hello,
No, it doesn't help at all. It doesn't fix anything. And even if it would works, it would not be a good solution since I canno't even edit in my background because each time I move something in my menu editor, my menu become all messed up even in my editor. It would not be a way acceptable to work. We use WPML since so many years, and also on others websites, and I defenitively believe that this time, there is a bug or a conflict in some scripts between WMPL and my website, and we should go further to find it or escalate this case to level 2 support. Thank you!

December 29, 2016 at 7:37 am #1170519

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am discussing this issue with our 2nd tier supporters and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

December 29, 2016 at 12:22 pm #1170737

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

In order to be better help, I have escalated this ticket to 2nd tier support, one of the 2nd tier supporters will respond to you soon.

Thanks

January 3, 2017 at 2:06 pm #1173471

Philippe

Hi there,

Anything new?

January 4, 2017 at 2:12 pm #1174369

Sumit
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am Sumit from 2nd tier support.

This is an issue with WPML 3.6 and menu sync feature. However, we were not able to reproduce this issue on clean isntall therefore, we are using your database to fix this issue.
As a workaround please avoid using menu sync feature and delete your current menu. Then add a new menu and items one by one using native screen (Appearance > Menus) then save. Shouldn't be any issue when saving menu this way.
I will keep you posted about the status of this issue.

Thanks

January 4, 2017 at 9:26 pm #1174799

Philippe

Hi Sumit,

Thank you for your follow-up. Presently, deleting all my menus and buiding news from scratch is not conceivable for my production website, so I will wait for your next upgrade.

Thanks!