This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benH-11 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 9:02 am #3913631

benH-11

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have been adding the Russian translations to my website pages and have just done the news page where are blog / news posts are placed.

It seems this page is not using the Russian menu which is translated. Not completely anyway.

hidden link

The majority of it is English menu tabs, not Russian.

This seems to be the only page its breaking on. All other translated pages are using the Russian menu as expected.

Any ideas whats going on? Why isnt the Russian news page using the Russian menu?

Thanks for your time,

May 29, 2019 at 3:01 pm #3916755

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Ben,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if you followed the steps from this article https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/ and you still have this problem with the menu area, please? This article should cover everything you need to do in order to have the menu translated correctly. Please check this out and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

May 29, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3916809

benH-11

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry if i didnt explain good enough.

My menu is already translated into Russian, it has been working perfectly on every page on the website except the news page.

Why is the menu not working on the news page but it works on every other page?

Thanks again for your time and support, much appreciated.

Ben

May 29, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3917041

benH-11

After following your advise and syncing the menus. Something i did not want to do. Ive now made things worse!

Now the menu is broken on all pages! Not just news like before.

Now im really stuck and need some help if possible please

May 29, 2019 at 3:48 pm #3917083

benH-11

Ok ive followed the steps, menu is not working on news page in Russian

hidden link

Please check this page against the other translated pages and you can see different menus being displayed.

hidden link

Please help. I am getting quite stressed about the plugin not working.

Thanks again for your time.

May 30, 2019 at 6:27 am #3920705

benH-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!