This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicola 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 8, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Nicola

I am trying to: open a translated page (from Italian to English) but the page is empty

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the translated page on frontend

Instead, I got: an empty page

April 8, 2019 at 5:55 pm #3560487

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

The page "Gruppo" is not yet translated to 100%. Pages will only show up if they are translated to 100% while being translated for the first time.

Please complete the translation and let me know if the issue persists.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 9, 2019 at 9:56 am #3565055

Nicola

Hi Andreas,

the page is 100% translated now but in the frontend I see the contents twice.
Also notice that there is no field to translate the bottom text

April 9, 2019 at 2:42 pm #3568241

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please take note that when translating select the options for duplicating media at the right sidebar. (See screenshot)

The images for your page "Gruppo" anyhow were not showing up. I tried various solutions to fix the issue but without success.

This and the fact that the content shows up twice, is most likely related to a compatibility issue between WPML and another plugin or even the theme.

I would kindly like to ask you to clear your cache or even deactivate the SG Cache plugin to verify if this solves the issue.

If not, could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the outcome to be able to assist you further.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 14, 2019 at 8:59 am #3607269

Nicola

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!