This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 7:48 pm #3925929

rahelA-2

I am trying to: Translate my portuguese page into English. The english page appears empty.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link OR hidden link

I expected to see: the full page translated in English

Instead, I got: an almost empty page

May 31, 2019 at 4:20 am #3927671

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML.

I would need more details from you so that we can resolve this issue quicker.

1. Can you please mention how the content was created and how you translated it?

2. If the page was created with page builder, did you duplicate the page first?

3. Please open Portuguese Home page for Edit, then switch to English via Dashboard Language switcher(on the top). Then make sure you are getting the expected result for English page in Page Edit Screen.

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Regards,

May 31, 2019 at 12:14 pm #3930395

rahelA-2

Hi Rajeeb, thanks for your response. I'm sending you our debug information.

For the translation, we translated the page manually through the advanced translation editor.

May 31, 2019 at 9:20 pm #3933341

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

I would need to login to your site to debug this issue. Please provide admin username and password to your site. I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I can see this.

June 3, 2019 at 8:57 pm #3946137

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience and login details.

Can you please increase WP Memory Limit to 256M? WPML requires atleast 128M ( 256M is recommended )

Currently it is set to 40M in your site.

Please take a look at the instructions on the below URL to increase memory limit to 256M:

hidden link

Please note that these settings are often limited by the hosting provider. I suggest you to get in touch with your hosting provider and asking them directly to increase the limit.

You can find more information on minimum requirements for running WPML on your site:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

While we are here, also make sure the minimum requirements are met correctly.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

June 5, 2019 at 11:55 am #3960125

rahelA-2

Hi there Rajeeb, I contacted my hosting provider and they increased the limit to 512M. They also checked and we do meet all wpml minimum requirements, but we still can't see the English translation. Could you please help us?

June 5, 2019 at 11:13 pm #3964455

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for confirming.

Did you duplicate the page before translating the content to English? I suspect the duplication was not done due to which the pagebuilder layout was not imported to English language.

I suggest you to take a look at this article on how to translate Themify Builder content:

hidden link

There doesn't seem to be any way to retrieve the translation that was already done.

To proceed, delete the English page for the home ( make sure to delete it permanently from trash ) and then follow the instructions on the given link.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me.