Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translated page lost layout on Elementor Solution: It was about these fields which I set properly now to "Copy" and you are good to go. Simply open those originals and click "Update" so that translated pages pick up these values, because these custom fields preferences are set globally. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-page-lost-layout-on-elementor/#post-4825453

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by markH-43 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 24, 2019 at 10:46 am #4818713

tonyL-14

Hi there,

Now the content can be synced to Gengo and get translated, but why the translated page has total different layout? I'm on Elementor.

Original page: hidden link
Translated page:hidden link

Can you please fix the layout?

Thanks

October 25, 2019 at 6:37 am #4824055

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

It looks like that the template has not carried over, I think there is a custom field holding this if you're using Astra theme.

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly?

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 25, 2019 at 9:24 am #4825453

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

There it is - fixed.
hidden link

It was about these fields which I set properly now to "Copy" and you are good to go.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 25, 2019 at 11:10 am #4826317

tonyL-14

Thanks Bruno,

I noticed other pages still have this issue. Could you please fix them as well?

Thanks

October 25, 2019 at 11:11 am #4826321

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Simply open those originals and click "Update" so that translated pages pick up these values, because these custom fields preferences are set globally.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 25, 2019 at 11:34 am #4826493

tonyL-14

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 31, 2019 at 4:11 am #4860241

markH-43

Where do i check these fields as I am having a similar issue?