This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 8:51 pm #4390693

bjoernB-5

I have a translated content which shows as Translated when I am on the german Pages list.
When I modify the German version the Arrow ring comes and I can update the translation.
Saving the Translation gets the Pencil back.

I can see the translation in the translation Management.
But I do not see the translated Page when I list the Danish Page list. *

And I cannot add this translation to the Danish Menu.

One thing that wonders me is that when I see the summary of Danish pages it tells me 9 but it lists only 8 Pages. See attached screenshots.

When I from the Translations Menu go and will look at the page it links to a weird URL
hidden link

Which can then not be found.

I did a lot of CleanUp using the Error pages / tools but it did not help.

Please help me out as this is important to be translated. i link to the german version as workaround.

Any suggestions?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

August 13, 2019 at 11:32 pm #4391089

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This page may have been corrupted for some reason.

So that I can check it better, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

August 16, 2019 at 6:58 am #4404943

bjoernB-5

Hey sorry for the delay, i will provide you the needed information.

I will though try to Duplicate the Page and then retranslate.

It is only one page so i will try this. If this does not work out we can dig deeper in it.
Thank you

August 16, 2019 at 8:37 pm #4408139

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Sure. Please, when you are ready, let us know if the problem still persists. If so then I can send another message for you to add a private message.

Thank you.