This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:cannot translate any pages or any products, all translated pages and products says The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Solution:when i inspect the console (right click->inspect->console) i can see an err 500 which might be the reason these pages are not loading.

1. Update your MySQL version to 5.6 or higher 2. Increase your WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to 256M or higher (preferably higher if possible) , to do this you can also contact your host provider and they will do it from their side

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jacquelynP 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 11:43 pm #3869767

jacquelynP

I am trying to: make the site multilingual with woocommerce installed in but somehow I cannot translate any pages or any products, all translated pages and products says The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

hidden link

I expected to see the translation from these pages

hidden link

hidden link

Can you please check what happened?

May 23, 2019 at 12:26 am #3869991

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

when i inspect the console (right click->inspect->console) i can see an err 500 which might be the reason these pages are not loading.

1. Update your MySQL version to 5.6 or higher
2. Increase your WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to 256M or higher (preferably higher if possible) , to do this you can also contact your host provider and they will do it from their side

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

let me know your results please

May 23, 2019 at 11:14 am #3874315

jacquelynP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!