This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 8:26 pm #4285959

sarahT-6

I was trying to clear the ghost entries and cache to fix another problem and doing that a custom loop I made now shows the translated page with duplicate content. The english page doesn't show duplicate.

hidden link

original page with no duplicates, same page template: hidden link

July 25, 2019 at 9:05 pm #4286077

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sarah,

As I can see, the French version of the page is displaying both English and French posts. In this case, have you tried to add 'suppress_filters' => true to the custom loop arguments array? This should let the loop know that only the French posts should be displayed. You can give this a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

July 26, 2019 at 2:22 am #4286733

sarahT-6

Yes, I had it set to this already. I was trying to fix the french resources date, when converted from a string to number it was showing january, so I cleared the cache and used some of the other buttons in the troubleshooting area.

I have a backup that I can restore if this is something that can't be fixed.

July 29, 2019 at 11:15 am #4299003

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sarah,

Have you managed to sort this out in the meantime? I'm asking this because I had another look at both pages and I can see now that the posts from each language is displayed in its own archive (the English posts are no longer available on the French page).

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated page shows posts in both languages’ is closed to new replies.