This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.74 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by knudB-2 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 1:44 pm #3847495

knudB-2

Hello support team

My colleague whos is responsible for translating pages to German, Spanish, and Portuguese on our site asked me to post the following:

The following issue has been a mystery to me. Although I managed to solve it in the end, it remains an open question what caused or causes it.

We have a website that is mainly available in English. Nevertheless, besides English, some pages are also available in Danish and Spanish. Lately we are promoting a new product, for which the page has also been made available in German and Portuguese.

The first four language version haven’t caused any difficulties.

Adding the Portuguese version also worked fine at the beginning.

However, after making minor changes, it has happened four or five times that the text on the Portuguese page all of a sudden appeared in Spanish.

The reason is unknown, but what I have noticed is that I did not click any key that might have led to this mistake. My experience with WPML is quite good, having been using it for some time now, keeping also in mind that I am the author of all five version.

Looking back in the revisions, it appears clearly that the time stamp for shifting from a version still being correct in Portuguese to a wrong version in Spanish indicates that the weird translation in each case has taken place within the same minute, the next minute, or two minutes later.

I have solved the problem by going back to the latest useful revision in Portuguese as the last task before I log out. Everything then remains correct in all five languages.

And, before you ask, we do not wish to uninstall all other plugins, since they have been installed for a reason, which is that each of them is used for a necessary purpose.

Perhaps the issue will be as hard to find as a needle in a haystack, and thus cannot be solved, except if you know it from a similar case.

The intention with this support inquiry is mainly to reveal it to other users who may be facing similar problems. Not necessarily only from Portuguese to Spanish, but in other languages combinations.

The page in question is: hidden link

Thank you in advance.

May 20, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3849667

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I have a request. Please check you can reproduce the issue with a new page/post(test page/post) or not.

This may be a tricky compatibility issue and requires further checking. Therefore can you please consider a staging site on the same server(clone copy of the live site) for debugging. So we can debug the issue without affecting your live site.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 21, 2019 at 7:05 am #3852459

knudB-2

My issue is resolved for now. Thank you!