This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 22, 2019 at 11:05 pm #3444567

alexandrA-3

I applied a template to a specific category, the original page in Spanish shows all changes, the same page in English got stuck with an old design, I disabled all caching plugins. It only shows changes if you initiate a preview from within WordPress, I tried 3 different browsers even in incognito mode, they all show the same behavior. Elemento support suggested I open a ticket with you first.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: that is how it should look, switch to English and see the difference.

Instead, I got:

March 25, 2019 at 7:29 am #3450061

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

It seems to me at first that WPML does not copy the specific page template (if that's how the page is set) and that this is where the issue is coming from.

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 26, 2019 at 10:14 am #3461313

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me if this is the only product with the issue?

The thing I've noticed is that a different template is showing when you log in and another one when logged out. See this image. I am not sure if this is some sort of compatibility issue with theme, any of the plugins, caching issue or some database value not being set properly.

Do you have a testing/staging site available?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 27, 2019 at 12:21 am #3467097

alexandrA-3

Hi Bruno,
I just restored from an old backup and everything looks ok, I will have to create a new elementor template to test, please stand by.
Thank you
-Alex

March 27, 2019 at 11:43 am #3470571

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, let me know how it goes! Keeping regular backups (at least on a weekly basis) is always a good idea, you can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to set regular backups.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 2, 2019 at 12:09 am #3512207

alexandrA-3

Hi Bruno,
Just to let you know that all is working good, I had to clean the database and restore from a backup, not really sure what created the issue. You can go ahead and close the ticket. Thank you for your help.

-Alex

April 2, 2019 at 12:11 pm #3516977

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for getting back to me and confirming that you were able to resolve it. Marking this as resolved!

Regards,
Bruno Kos