This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Our site uses the astra theme and Elementor Pro page builder. Every translated page has become a post and is under a post format.

Solution: The problem was the way the WPML was configured, the custom fields were not set to copy Astra theme's settings. Once that was fixed, it was all good.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickS-68 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4371601

patrickS-68

I am trying to: Display translated pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: our site is under maintenance, please see screenshot 1

I expected to see: screenshot 2 in english

Instead, I got: screenshot 1

Hello ! I am currently translating our website from French to English using WPML. Our site uses the astra theme and Elementor Pro page builder. I have been using Elementor and WPML for the past year, and have never had any problems that I couldn't solve myself, and unfortunately I can't seem to find a solution this time. Every translated page has become a post and is under a post format. I don't know if I've done something wrong or if there's a bug somewhere, I hope you can help!
Thank you !

August 12, 2019 at 5:50 am #4378467

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I have to admit that this is the first time that I hear about this issue. Can you tell me if this is happening if you try to translate a specific page, please? Also, have you tried to deactivate all the plugins not related to WPML, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and see if this issue is still available when trying to translate a page? This way we can see if this is an issue caused by one of the plugins (or theme) that you're using.

If this doesn't make a difference, just give me access to the dashboard area and I'll have a closer look. Also, a link to a page that was already transformed into a post would be great too.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 12, 2019 at 8:31 am #4379159

patrickS-68

Hi Radu !

Thanks for your reply. I've translated all my pages, and everything appears normal. I did, however, notice that one page had not been properly translated (design changes in between, and it said complete when it actually wasn't) so I thought that may have caused a bug. I correctly translated the missing pieces, but unfortunately nothing has changed format-wise.
I tried changing the theme to Twenty Nineteen as well and deactivating plugins but this hasn't worked either.

I'm not sure what I should try next. I could uninstall and reinstall WPML but that would require a lot of work to redo all the translations.

What information do you need to take a look ?

August 12, 2019 at 9:14 am #4379499

patrickS-68

I have discovered other pages with incomplete translations (this time in Spanish), where some translations are automatically put into the other language section without having been translated. I am going to finish translating everything, hopefully this is what caused the problem: some translations had been started, but then changes were made to most pages (redesign).

August 12, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4380841

patrickS-68

Hello, me again ! Last update - I have corrected and filled in all translations from every page. The menus are good, but the problem that persists for every single page is that they become posts in the translated site version!
Usually, when I edit a translated page using elementor, everything works perfect. But I've encountered the same problem - even when in "edit with elementor" mode, the translated page is formatted like a post ...

I hope you can help! Thank you!

August 12, 2019 at 2:54 pm #4381749

patrickS-68

My issue is resolved now. The problem was the way I configured the WPML, I didn't set the custom fields to copy my Astra theme's settings. Once that was fixed, it was all good!