This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 10:18 pm

steveT-8

Our transations are no longer available in the dropdown.

All the translations we have created are now seperate pages instead of translations on our english pages.

All the items in our media library have also been duplicated many times.

We did have approximately 15 english pages translated into 8 languages, now we have 76 pages in a variety of languages.

hidden link

hidden link

September 6, 2019 at 7:58 am #4523871

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Can you recall any action that created this issue? or it happened automatically?

Do you have any backup of your site?

Also, can you provide me few links of pages which was connected earlier and is disconnected now?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 9, 2019 at 2:31 am #4532893

steveT-8

Thanks Shekhar.

Happened suddenly, we don't know the cause. We see that the date on all these new pages is 17 July, so perhaps something happened on that date.

The home page is an example. Only English is available now, where there were several languages available previously.

September 9, 2019 at 9:56 am #4535733

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

Did you have a backup of your site created before 17th July? It's hard to find the reason of the issue on the site as it's already not connected so if we have backup we can try to restore it and keep monitoring to find the steps to replicate.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 4:23 am #4541741

steveT-8

We have restored the website from a backup and the translations have returned.

We have also traced the problem back to the 3rd of September. It was then we tried to resolve the following error message which resulted in all the pages being split out on their own:

---
WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed.
Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem.

This warning will disappear once this issue is fixed.
---

We have taken another website backup, and reinstated your WordPress login. Go ahead and see if you can resolve this issue?

September 10, 2019 at 10:07 am #4543809

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

Can you provide me the backup file itself so I can replicate it on my localhost and debug it further, this way I can make multiple changes without waiting for your assistance.

You can zip those file and share the links with me.

Enabled the private reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated pages are now showing as seperate pages’ is closed to new replies.