This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 20, 2018 at 10:55 am

lelliassociatiL

After WPML update to version 4.0.7, when I try to modify a page, the translations are overwrite with original language (italian).

Example: I modified the page dev.delvecchio.it/prodotti/salumi-della-tradizione/salame-zeffirino-gentile/ and the english and german versions were overwrited with italian page.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks.

September 21, 2018 at 1:55 pm #2755376

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I just checked your site and looked at the page you referenced. On the frontend, I see English content on hidden link. In the backend, I see English in the page editor as well. Please see attached screenshots. Can you tell me exactly where you are seeing the wrong language? Perhaps a screenshot will help me better understand.

September 21, 2018 at 2:45 pm #2755575

lelliassociatiL

Thank you Lauren.
I just replicated the issue with another page.
As you can see in screenshot delv01.jpg the page hidden link was in english.
Then I modified the italian version of the page (just a padding value) and updated it (see delv02.jpg).
After that, the english version was overwrited by italian version (and so the german one - see delv03.jpg).
I hope I was more understandable.
Thanks a lot.
Ste

September 21, 2018 at 3:09 pm #2755673

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Does this only happen on existing pages, or does it happen if you create a new test page as well?

Did you ever change the default language of the site, or the language of the original page? Did you switch back and forth between using the translation editor and the native WordPress editor by any chance?

Lastly, please try increasing the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Does this change anything?

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated pages back to original language when I modify these’ is closed to new replies.