Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 15, 2014 at 1:46 pm #321664

Joeri

Goodday,
I have a multi-language website which until now had three additional languages next to English. I need to add four more languages so I started adding translated pages. At a certain point for some reason the default language page is being disconnected from the already translated pages. The translated pages still exists but at the frontend, when I go from English to another language, the translated page is not found. I have attached two images to show you the issue.

Hopefully you can help me with this problem.

Best regards.

January 15, 2014 at 4:54 pm #321792

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

What is the version of WPML and WP are you using? If possible, please take a screenshot of the page WPML > Support and post here on the forum, so I can see.

Thank you.

January 15, 2014 at 5:20 pm #321821

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

I am using the latest WP version 3.8. Also the latest WPML version. I think it's a plugin problem. I am working now with all other plugins turned off and I didn't had the problem since and successfully translated several pages. I have also included my plugin list.

Best regards.

January 15, 2014 at 6:26 pm #321858

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

To find out which plugin is causing this incompatibility, you can activate one by one and check which is incompatible.

Thank you.

January 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm #321869

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

I already did that and everything was working fine until all the plugin where again activated. So I continued with adding Translated pages but suddenly the issue happened again. So I still don't know which plugin would be the problem.

Best regards.

January 15, 2014 at 8:29 pm #321918

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

I just encountered the same issue, but know all the other plugins are turned off. I just opened an existing page with 3 other translations next to English to start adding the other Translations, but when I opened the page it disconnected from the other Translations. So my English page has no more Translated pages, but the other existing pages NL, DE and FR do still exist.

Could the problem be related to the PHP memory limit? It is a heavy website with a fairly big database. Or maybe it is just a bug regarding to the latest WP version?

Best Regards.

January 15, 2014 at 8:35 pm #321929

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

Dear,

Our developers are still looking for it. Probably, the problem is when WordPress creates an auto-draft, before the user presses the 'Publish' button, when the user is still editing content, the WPML receives the id of the draft and when the page is published, the ID is different. But this is still being verified.

When a fix is released, you will be notified.

Thank you.

January 17, 2014 at 10:49 am #322842

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

That sounds like it could be the case. I had the problem a view more times and it wasn't only with the primary language. I also had the problem with a translated page in german that wasn't suddenly disconnected from the other pages.

I have another question about something else, the languages menu. Do I need to open a new topic or can I ask the question here?

Best regards.

January 17, 2014 at 12:33 pm #322925

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

Our developers are checking it. This is happening to posts / pages that are already translated? Or only when you create a new post / page?

If the issue has not related to this topic, you should open a new topic.

Thank you.

January 17, 2014 at 12:58 pm #322945

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

It is happening to pages that are already translated a long time (one year ago). When I go to the translated page, the issue happens.

Regards.

January 17, 2014 at 1:08 pm #322952

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll let our developers know about it.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated pages disconnected from eachother’ is closed to new replies.