Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
January 22, 2020 at 10:03 am #5339369

yasuanQ

Hello Carlos,I have translated all my page, but I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if I have missed something: in the home page I have a widget with the 'next courses' (this is the Upcoming Events Widget of calendarize it). The courses seems to be well translated, as you can see in this part on the home page (I attach photo as well)hidden link, when you click on any of those links of the courses the link doesn't go to the page in english. Instead you have the spanish link. I don't know if the translation of the widget is well done, or if its a problem with it.Thank you,

January 22, 2020 at 11:28 am #5339999

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,
Thank you for opening another ticket.

I will take a deeper look at this issue and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Carlos

January 22, 2020 at 11:47 am #5340249

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

After running several troubleshooting steps the issue persists. I can see that the links in the widget are always pointing to the courses in Spanish because the URL removed the language part retrieved by WPML.

Have you consulted the 'Calendarize it' support service about this issue?

Regards,
Carlos

January 22, 2020 at 11:58 am #5340371

yasuanQ

Helo Carlos,
yes I'm trying to ask them for help, but they recommend another translator (instead they say WPML works fine with them) that's why I thought may be from WMPL I could have help.

I have a big problem know... I don't know if you change something. All page courses are 404 now! Could you leave it as it was before?

January 22, 2020 at 11:59 am #5340377

yasuanQ

It happens in all the spanish courses, the english ones are ok

January 22, 2020 at 12:09 pm #5340603

yasuanQ

Before, the calendarize it widget did work in spanish, and know it doesn't works either 🙁
I attach photo

January 22, 2020 at 12:19 pm #5340705

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry I ran some tests and I forgot to re-save the permalink structure after rolling back the changes. Now the courses are displayed correctly on the front-end.

I would like to ask your authorization to make a copy of the site in order to make further tests in a local environment without affecting the production site.

Regards,
Carlos

January 22, 2020 at 12:20 pm #5340709

yasuanQ

OMG, everthing is back to normal! I was in a crisis 🙂 thanks again

January 22, 2020 at 12:21 pm #5340711

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

No problem, as I mentioned in my previous message it was my mistake 🙂 I had to re-save the permalinks so the courses slug took effect.

Regards,
Carlos

January 22, 2020 at 12:24 pm #5340761

yasuanQ

Yes, of course you can make a copy 🙂
From Calendarize it helped me with the general calendar translation, because it failed too. But they didn't wanted to help me.... and it is being difficult to know why its not working well the links of the widget. When I bought the plugin they say WPML was ok, but after a time the begin to say it was better to work with another translator. But I preffer working with WMPL 🙂

January 22, 2020 at 2:11 pm #5341617

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your authorization and for prefer to working with us 🙂

I will create a copy of the site, run more tests on local and get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Regards,
Carlos

January 23, 2020 at 9:27 am #5346831

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I tried to create a copy of the site but the disk ran out of space in the server. Could you contact your hosting provider to expand the disk space or could you create a staging site with a copy of the live site?

Regards,
Carlos

January 23, 2020 at 4:26 pm #5351319

yasuanQ

Helo Carlos,

I don't know how to do a staging site 🙁 how many space disk is needed?

thank you!

January 24, 2020 at 10:55 am #5356063

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't know how many disk space we need to create a copy of the site. To get this answer and the answer to 'how to create a staging site' you should contact your hosting providers. They will be able to help you with this.

Regards,
Carlos

January 27, 2020 at 10:25 am #5368869

yasuanQ

Hello Carlos,

it's too complicate I think :-(, could you help me with another thing in this ticket please? I'm trying to change the logo image in english, different from spanish one. I have readen about searching the string (URL of the image) and I have been looking for it as you in WPML say, but I can't find the route, the link to change the logo of the page. I ask for the link to the KINGSTER developers, but I have no answer :-(((. Translating a page is really more complicated than I thought!