This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translated pages does not saving the product price

Solution: I took a deeper look at the test site and the cause of the issue is that the custom fields related to price were set to 'No Translate'. I fixed this issue in the test site already and you can double check it there.

To fix the issue you need to: - Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom fields translation -> Click on 'Show system fields' -> Search '_regular_price', '_sale_price' and '_price' and set them to 'Copy' -> Save the changes.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4211095

garyM-10

I am trying to: Add some simple products and get translated to other languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:The price and add to cart at the front end

Instead, I got:Price and add to cart is missing in simple product pages.

July 15, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4212691

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I suspect that this issue might be caused by an interaction issue with a third party functionality or an outdated cache memory. I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush all cache memory.
- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML plugins, Woocommerce and Woocommerce Multilingual.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting steps pointed out in the attached image.
- Go to Wooocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Status tab -> Fix any problem that might appear.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) -> Select all options and click on 'Start' button.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 16, 2019 at 5:54 am #4216479

garyM-10

I have deactivated all plugins except woocommerce and wpml plugins.activated a default theme. Followed the wpml troubleshoot method and got one error on assign translation status to duplicated content.hidden link
Also we are not using woocommerce multilingual plugin.

After that I have created 4 products in four languages (English, French, portugueese and Spanish) and translated to other languages.I am noting down the results I have got :

Product in French version—> worked fine in all other languages except Spanish. spanish version didn’t showed the price at the front end.

Product added in other four languages repeated the same issue of missing of price and add to cart button at front end.

I again created a product in French version and again the issue happened.(Missing of price and button at front end.)

July 16, 2019 at 10:05 am #4218795

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

If you are not using Woocomerce Multilingual then you are probably getting the expected behavior if you are trying to create/translate products.

Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate the products correctly: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Best regards,
Carlos

July 16, 2019 at 6:36 pm #4223259

garyM-10

Hello.

I am pretty certain this is nothing to do with Woocommerce Multilingual (which incidentally is a terrible product which never works which is why we don't use it any more).

We haven't used Woocommerce Multilingual for some years and its worked fine. Its only now that this problem has happened so it can't possibly require it.

July 16, 2019 at 10:41 pm #4224355

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

However I don't understand what do you mean by: "After that I have created 4 products in four languages (English, French, portugueese and Spanish) and translated to other languages."

Could you describe the steps you followed in order to translate the products? If you attach some screenshots it might help me to have a better understanding.

Regards,
Carlos

July 17, 2019 at 10:36 am #4228715

garyM-10

That is, After all the process you said, i have added new product in french version and translated to other languages. the result was, it worked for English, portugueese versions but not for spanish version. then i tried adding product in English version and translated to other languages, it didn't worked(same issue of missing of cart button and price at front end happened). same issue reapeated when i added new products in other languages and get translated.

Here is screenshot of how we translate our products after publishing the parent product .hidden link

July 17, 2019 at 12:14 pm #4229823

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Best regards,
Carlos

July 17, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4231751

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

Before we start to isolating the cause of the issue I need to ask you to update all outdated plugins, themes and core to their latest version. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Could you tell me if the issue persists after the steps above?
Regards,
Carlos

July 18, 2019 at 5:45 am #4235105

garyM-10

we have replicated the same issue in another test site, in which all the plugins are updated to the latest versions. you can have a look at this.

hidden link

July 18, 2019 at 11:14 am #4237945

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

I took a deeper look at the test site and the cause of the issue is that the custom fields related to price were set to 'No Translate'. I fixed this issue in the test site already and you can double check it there.

To fix the issue you need to:
- Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom fields translation -> Click on 'Show system fields' -> Search '_regular_price', '_sale_price' and '_price' and set them to 'Copy' -> Save the changes.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?
Regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 11:10 am #4245971

garyM-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 19, 2019 at 11:17 am #4245979

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos