This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by henrikL-12 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 5:28 pm

henrikL-12

I am trying to:
Translate a page from Danish to English

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
A translated page

Instead, I got:
Nothing

Explanation:
I first installed WPML on this site, startet some of the translations, but because of some other errors, I uninstalled WPML again, and removed the site from my WPML control panel.
After a while, I reinstalled WPML, registered the site with a new key, and opened the translation.

When I open af page for translation, the former translation (from last install) is still active; I can save the page as 100 % translated. But the page doesn't show up in the admin.
If I resign to a page, I can take over, and make a new translation. But still the page doesn't show in the english section of the admin.

I have tried emptying the WPML folder with ftp, but the result is the same.

I have all translations as texts in a word document, so for me the best solution is to erase aa english translations, and start over from scratch.
But how do I do that ? I have uninstalled everything and have deleted the WPML folders with ftp. What more can i do ?

June 17, 2019 at 7:22 pm #4038195

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and could confirm the issue. For some reason, during your actions of installing/uninstalling WPML you broke the records of translated pages in your database, only references for the translation management tables were kept. I recommend you to try the following:

1 - Click to edit your 'Om os' in the default language, click to add a duplication for the page and edit the duplicated danish content using the Elementor page builder.

2 - Repeat the same steps for any page you find such issue.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Please, let me know if helps. Have a nice day.

June 17, 2019 at 10:08 pm #4038881

henrikL-12

Hi Marcos.

This doesn't work, I'm afraid... 🙁
It worked with 3 pages, "Om os", "Handelsbetingelser", and "contact".

But on the Frontpage "Velkommen" it doesn't work. The function "translate independently" never shows, and the pages can't be translated.

And worse: I just tried to translate the productlist template in Elementor (used for the product archives on all pages), and now I get a functionsphp error in the danish translation as well (hidden link).
And no English page appears.

So it's actually gone from bad to worse now...

There must be some way to delete every wpml translation from the database, so I can start from scratch.
As mentioned before, I have a full backup of the site (from yesterday), and all english translations in a Word document, so it's no problem if every trace of wpml is deleted.

June 17, 2019 at 11:40 pm #4038981

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. In this case, I recommend you to reset your WPML settings, here is how:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support click the 'trobleshooting' link.

2 - Now at the bottom of the troubleshooting page click the 'reset and deactivate WPML' button then activate WPML and again and run the setup to configure your WPML plugin again.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Hope it helps, have a nice day.

July 6, 2019 at 9:55 am #4155551

henrikL-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!