This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 7:08 am #3636685

nicolasG-53

Hello, I translated my website in English. French version hidden link
I can see in the search console that all the translated page are considered as redirection and so not indexed.

Could you please tell me the process to fix it ? i can't find anything by myself on the forum

thank you

April 18, 2019 at 9:39 am #3637839

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I can see in the search console that all the translated page are considered as redirection and so not indexed.

Can you tell how can I check this, can you give me steps on how to test/reproduce this?

Also, is there a search option on your site perhaps? I can't seem to see any search field.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 18, 2019 at 9:49 am #3637903

nicolasG-53

Hi and thank you for your answer.
you can find in attached a screenshot of the search console.

We have Yoast installed and configure aswell

Is there any process to avoid this problem ? Is it something i can fix myself in the backend of the site ?

thank you in advance

April 18, 2019 at 11:59 am #3638943

nicolasG-53

Could it be because of the language switcher options ?

April 18, 2019 at 12:00 pm #3638967

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

According to this, it doesn't seem that anything is wrong? However, can you check this as well?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-pages-are-not-indexed-by-google/#post-1529119

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated pages excluded from search console’ is closed to new replies.